Author Topic: World Editor Fritzing  (Read 1131 times)

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this but it seems related.
So I've been mapping on my XP desktop for some time now, only now it's too slow to use anymore,
so I bought myself a decent laptop and it works wonderfully, however not with World Editor.

Here are the specs of my laptop if it may help diagnose the problem;

Windows Vista sp1,

Processor: AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 2.10GHz
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

So as you can see it's enough to get me through the day, now to address the problem.
Inside of the World Editor / Terrain Editor I like to use the Select mode at times and select
large quantities of 'ground' to adjust to my liking.

Here is a picture provided:

After too many is selected my geometry explodes and I get ugly red lines that reduce my framerate
horrendously, and there is no way to remove them other than de-selecting / exiting World Editor.

Picture provided:

Is there any way to fix this? My CPU is up to date and all of it's accessories, please tell me I won't
have to run back to my desktop to continue mapping.

Edit: No, flushtexturecache(); does not correct this problem.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:20:22 AM by LoserHero »

I can't even get the terrain editor to work, how did you do it?

Well I'm not going to dwelve into how to work the World Editor until I have this bug explained or fixed.
You can PM me questions if you really need to know certain things though.

Hmm this is weird, I have the exact same graphics card, but I don't get this problem...
nvm I got a 3450 >.> anyway, it seems maybe its a little old or something, chekc on the AMD site =o
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 08:30:27 PM by ZSNO »

I can't even get the terrain editor to work, how did you do it?

You suck :o

Maybe its the settings of your grpahic card thats doing this?

You suck :o
Wedge has informed me that it doesn't work in v12.

Well this is odd it seems to work fine for me. It could be that it wasn't working for me the day you asked and I was mixing it up with some other bug from some other release.

Have you tried reinstalling?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:55:35 PM by Wedge »

I got a 3450 >.> anyway, it seems maybe its a little old or something, chekc on the AMD site =o

Although it's not as recent, I still have yet to encounter any graphic card related problem on another program.

Wedge has informed me that it doesn't work in v12.

As far as I can tell, everything seems to work fine on my desktop.

Have you tried reinstalling?

I have two installs of Blockland on my computer, a fresh install for mod-ing and one for regular play.

I'm still troubleshooting through this, but any further help would be appreciated.

I have two installs of Blockland on my computer, a fresh install for mod-ing and one for regular play.
Oh, I was talking to Marcem. I try and avoid giving "Have you tried reinstalling" as advice because it almost never works and it's a lazy way out of actually providing help, except in this case where it sounds like the mission editor might have had a file corrupted or deleted somehow.

Your bug could be related to the ATI graphic corruption glitch. If it happens infrequently enough that you can just restart the program to get rid of the bug, that's what I'd do. If it happens so frequently that you can't really edit, try experimenting with different drivers. You could also try using the command flushTextureCache();, this seems to remedy the corruption on some cards (for example, mine, which is oddly enough an nvidia card).

It could be that it wasn't working for me the day you asked
Probably is, I've actually gotten it to work, once.