Poll

What type of gamemode should I code first?

Rts
DarkRP
P-E-R-P
Stranded
Lounge
Other - Leave a post.

Author Topic: Gamemode Vote  (Read 12767 times)

Well, recently I've found my self playing Garry's mod more often, so now I've decided to code some gamemodes from it in to Blockland. The following are some ideas, other suggestions are also appreciated.

Blockland Lounge:
A place where you can talk to friends, play minigames, build, mess around, just do whatever you want to. Also, you will be able to play here while you wait to connect to one of the special servers.

All of the features are in one server, you walk in to the minigame room, wait for the current minigame to end, or you get in queue for a minigame. You can go to the building room in which you a placed in a big field which you can build in. The lounge will include social features such as a pool, pong, soccer, and such.

Blockland Rts:
A Rts made in Blockland, you gather resources make units, and kill each other. I've already coded a base for this. Based off of Saszilation, or whatever the forget it it called.

DarkRP:
For those who have played Garry's Mod DarkRP, I've found it fun when idiots do not ruin the server, I've already coded a base for this as well.  This is a more "Lite" roleplay type mod.

Pulsar Effect Roleplay:
Based on the Garry's Mod gamemode, PERP. Basically a serious City Roleplay, meaning if a player wants to kill someone they can't just run up and kill them without consequences they have to roleplay the situation. Example: Kunit flashes the gun stowed in his pocket, Player2 asks Kunit "What do you want?".

Stranded:
For those who have played my Stranded Mod or the Garry's mod Stranded gamemode, should I continue work on it, or start from scratch if this option wins.

Other:
Post in the following format:

Example:

Name: Deathmatch
Description: In this gamemode you find weapons to kill other players.
Type: Roleplay, Action, Puzzle, Other,

DarkRP:
I've previously attempted this, I've made growing drugs, Moneyprinters, the job system, and some other stuff, including a chat system, which also has Broadcasting for the mayor.

Jailing is done, still need to work out the bugs. As of right now a cop as to warrant a player before arresting him or her. The baton will knock down the warranted players doors if you hit it. Demotion is made, only accessible by the mayor.

Finished the Door System, still need to make it more user friendly.

Made the Gunlab, along with a custom inventory system for managing items. Also, I've finished the hunger mod along with the chef being able to cook using a stove.

Donation:

VIP: Allows multiple functions depending on the server.

Currency: They will also gain $500,000 for any one of the Roleplay servers, or they will be granted 50,000 of all resource in the Rts server.

The VIP Lounge: This is a place which has many "Special" features which can only be accesed by those who have donated. Some of the features include VIP reserved slots on the server(s) of your choice. Also, the lounge will contain special games which allow the gaining of "Stars", these "Stars" will be exchangeable for any type of currency or resource.

Advertisement:
If a player wants to advertise his or her server on any of the servers they have to pay a small fee. The donations will be used to keep the server maintained. Also, upon donating for the advertisement you will gain VIP access.

All of the servers have multiple billboards in which will host any advertisement approved by the team. These billboards will have an image of your picking, the picture can have up to three sentences of 12 point font.

Example:

Come join Kunits Roleplay server! The server is maintained by Admins most of the time! This is a friendly community, we are very serious about the Roleplay.

The background will have a photo of some players roleplaying.

Feature List:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:18:30 PM by Kunit »

I say RTS. Stranded (very similar (apparently) to Survival RP) is already in the works :P

I say RTS. Stranded (very similar (apparently) to Survival RP) is already in the works :P
Not really, Gmod Stranded is totally different then the Blockland's SurvivalRP, LeggoEggo's resembles winter survival. Mine resembles Gmod's which is tropical.

Also, I'm leaving for two days, I'll still be on the computer but coding will be minimum, my laptop can't play Blockland. :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 03:49:18 AM by Kunit »

Also, I'm leaving for two days, I'll still be on the computer but coding will be minimum, my laptop can't play Blockland. :(
D:

D:
It's not that bad. Also, I'd appreciate it if someone could go on to Garry's Mod and write a list of all of the functions in DarkRP. I've coded a few already, they're listed at the bottom of the original post.

It's not that bad. Also, I'd appreciate it if someone could go on to Garry's Mod and write a list of all of the functions in DarkRP. I've coded a few already, they're listed at the bottom of the original post.
You can still script but you would have to test later :cookieMonster: