Poll

What type of gamemode should I code first?

Rts
DarkRP
P-E-R-P
Stranded
Lounge
Other - Leave a post.

Author Topic: Gamemode Vote  (Read 12775 times)

RTS. Also make an RTS like civilizations, or something where the goal could be something other than war.
Also make it so you can make your own structures, like a not-stuff version of Spore's building system.

RTS. Also make an RTS like civilizations, or something where the goal could be something other than war.
Also make it so you can make your own structures, like a not-stuff version of Spore's building system.
Hmm, that's an interesting suggestion. How would you suggest I go about it though? Making multiple .dts files to allow the player to customize it, or just letting them make X bricks and in so if they're above the "Building Plate" they will be part of the building.

Hmm, that's an interesting suggestion. How would you suggest I go about it though? Making multiple .dts files to allow the player to customize it, or just letting them make X bricks and in so if they're above the "Building Plate" they will be part of the building.
Building their buildings on designated baseplates, then saving it. Like a pre-game thing. Also allow loading, clientside. If you need more detail, I'll try to illustrate.

Building their buildings on designated baseplates, then saving it. Like a pre-game thing. Also allow loading, clientside. If you need more detail, I'll try to illustrate.
Interesting, like a fresh macro system, so to speak. When a player spawns on the server for the first time they build the Building on the plate that is assigned to them, in which they create a building. Then I could make a special brick named after the building they made such as "Town Hall", On plant of the brick the plate they built in the beginning would be built duplicator style on to the new plate.

Interesting, like a fresh macro system, so to speak. When a player spawns on the server for the first time they build the Building on the plate that is assigned to them, in which they create a building. Then I could make a special brick named after the building they made such as "Town Hall", On plant of the brick the plate they built in the beginning would be built duplicator style on to the new plate.
More like a pre-game system. They'd have a special set of baseplates:
Resource generator 1
City Hall
Tower

Stuff like that, that they build upon. Maybe even some entities, like for the "tower" an archer brick. Building should also effect gameplay, like each brick has health/defense points and can be destroyed, so walls could be built tactfully.

More like a pre-game system. They'd have a special set of baseplates:
Resource generator 1
City Hall
Tower

Stuff like that, that they build upon. Maybe even some entities, like for the "tower" an archer brick. Building should also effect gameplay, like each brick has health/defense points and can be destroyed, so walls could be built tactfully.
I've made brick health in some of my previous scripts, perhaps I could format it towards the rts. What do you mean by Archer brick though, like adding a brick that shoots a projectile towards any near enemies?

I've made brick health in some of my previous scripts, perhaps I could format it towards the rts. What do you mean by Archer brick though, like adding a brick that shoots a projectile towards any near enemies?
Yes, and you'd be limited to X amount and they can only be built on the Tower baseplate. Unless you can garrison units (That would be awesome.)
Also, think about letting other players join a Leader's army, and play it like an FPS?

Yes, and you'd be limited to X amount and they can only be built on the Tower baseplate. Unless you can garrison units (That would be awesome.)
Also, think about letting other players join a Leader's army, and play it like an FPS?
Both great ideas, when I get basic units efficiently finished I'll look in to it.

You should also think about making it grid-based.
Also, look to Age of Mythology for ideas, such as "House" buildings, farms, silos, etc.

You should also think about making it grid-based.
Also, look to Age of Mythology for ideas, such as "House" buildings, farms, silos, etc.
Not so sure about that, making the mod Grid Based would remove the "Freedom" that comes along with it. Also, any suggestions for a Lounge Minigame?

Whatever you do, you should try to include building. It's sort of silly we have almost no gamemodes that use the concept of building. You'd definitely want buildings in an rts to be built from bricks.

Whatever you do, you should try to include building. It's sort of silly we have almost no gamemodes that use the concept of building. You'd definitely want buildings in an rts to be built from bricks.
Indeed, I think I'm going to try and do Yuki's idea, or have it so you build it on your own each time to simulate the time that it takes to build a building.

Indeed, I think I'm going to try and do Yuki's idea, or have it so you build it on your own each time to simulate the time that it takes to build a building.
People would get tired of that really fast. Another idea would be having a designated "Contruction yard" where players can build said units, or even show off/trade buildings?

People would get tired of that really fast. Another idea would be having a designated "Contruction yard" where players can build said units, or even show off/trade buildings?
What? Building units would cause to many complications. They're either going to stay as bots or become static shapes.

What? Building units would cause to many complications. They're either going to stay as bots or become static shapes.
Misspoke, I mean buildings. Building buildings sounded redundant.