Author Topic: So I was looking at Runescape's website...  (Read 2741 times)

Jump on the Bandwagon some more, friend.
He actually doesn't know what the Bandwagon is.
Trust me, I live right next door to him.

He actually doesn't know what the Bandwagon is.
Trust me, I live right next door to him.
Seriously, I feel sorry for you. It's people like him that create the sterotypical attitude towards games. Such as Roblox, Runescape, and even Blockland.

I almost quitted runescape yesterday, They hire Dumb mods

i play runesscape once in a wile.....but i still play doom on muliplayer

i just want a skill based RPG/fighting game where grinding levels doesn't matter as much as it does being able to beat that guy with the best armor, weapons, etc by just knowing what the forget you're doing

you want guild wars, the level cap is 20 and you can get there in about 5 hours if your good, like 3-4 days if your new, then all pvp combat basically depends on how good your skill set is and how well you counter other classes. Plus no monthly fees, one time purchase.

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Dammit

Ahaha. Might not want to be so obvious about it being fake.

Am I not allowed to hate runescape? Is that too conformist?

i play runesscape once in a wile.....but i still play doom on muliplayer
What does DooM have to do with this?

And nice stolen avatar

There was this spammer who had a username of "Fiak You". He also used the name "Goreadabook".
So when he came back a few days later, I said:
Omg, it's "Fiak You" and "Goreadabook"!

Some handicap reported me and I got banned, my appeal never went through either.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:11:01 PM by Kalphiter »

Am I not allowed to hate runescape? Is that too conformist?
You can hate Runescape, but when people come in and jump on the bandwagon it's just ridiculous. At least half of the time idiots says "Runescape sucks, people who play it are handicapped!". Yet, they can't even spell half of the words in their sentence correctly.

even better idea for wii mmo controls (not necessarily runescape, just... in general)

the entire game is played from a first person perspective. the wiimote controls more technical things like targeting enemies to start wailing on, switching to combat stances, opening up your inventory, checking your stats, things like that, and the nunchuck lets you interact with the world, by doing things like moving your character around and using 'free look' to look at targets while you're moving in one direction

instead of pressing a button to fight or pick up things 'n stuff, your wiimote and your nunchuck effectively control the player's hands: you could reach for an object like a sword or a shield, then grab it with c (for the nunchuck, or left hand) or b (for the wiimote, the right hand), and then if you're holding something you could press the corresponding button again to either let go of it (hold down the button) or simply put it away in your inventory (by just tapping it): if you let go of the object with momentum, like in a throwing motion or something, you would hurl it at an invisible 'crosshair' in the middle of the screen (which stays oriented in the direction you were looking when you started holding down the button). the power of the throw would be determined by how hard you swung down whichever arm you're using, and it would curve if you were to move your arm like you were throwing a frisbee or something.

if you were to press a specific button on the nunchuck (i really wanna say z, that seems intuitive enough), you would switch the control scheme for interacting with the world- the one i just described is the 'passive' mode. the only other mode is the 'active' mode, which lets you do things like swing the thing you're holding, lets you swing your fists, and instead of dropping things, the controls for dropping things switch to context-sensitive 'alternate modes' for weapons: like, bows would be aimed and you could see the crosshair in the middle of the screen. swords would be pointed toward the crosshair, same with pikes. in fact, most melee weapons would point to the center of the screen- even things like axes. shields would 'buckle down', letting you actually defend against things rather then bashing them with the shield or something. two handed weapons on another note have an entirely different control scheme in active mode: in passive mode, they're held with one hand for ease of use, but in active mode your weapon is held in both hands, and the nunchuck defines which way you point the sword while it's at rest. by that i mean, not hitting anything.

stuff. wait. are we even talking about wii control schemes? i lost track on the second paragraph

The Wii remote needs more buttons and less shaking.

Just an idea I thought up:

MMO/Arcade fight system, would make Runescape 100x times better.

It would have the same attack method where you would click on the enemy to attack them. As soon as someone lands a hit, the player and enemy are put into a Arcade style fight. A placeholding image (The default fight animations) would be put where the players were standing. CvP matches would last 1 round. PvP would determine it's rounds before a fight. Players can also decline and try to run. If a player declines, regular fighting is enabled.

runescape would be good if it wasnt point and click and took 5 seconds for it to respond.
I dont like having to wait for everything.
I'd love to see AVGN review runescape :3