Improved Brick Physics

Author Topic: Improved Brick Physics  (Read 758 times)

When a brick FakeKills, it should take all the bricks on top if it with it when there not connected to anything, so you could make a falling brick object.

For added excitement, the falling brick object should break apart on impact. Id find this useful.

yes it would be awsome but it would make blockland lag more were ok with the physics

but what if you want those bricks to be still floating?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:40:11 PM by Camera »

but what if you want those bricks to be still Floating?
What do you need that for?

yes it would be awsome but it would make blockland lag more were ok with the physics
You could turn it off in options..like regular physics..

it would make it more realistic like say in real life you have a gun and some bricks and the top one is glued to somthing then you shoot the botom one only the botom one moved then nothing is glued to the top brick then you shoot it they all move  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:09:24 PM by e-maxx »

it would make it more realistic like say in real life you have a gun and some bricks and the top one is glued to somthing then you shoot the botom one only the botom one moved then nothing is glued to the top brick then you shoot it they all move  :cookieMonster:
NOSTFU

You could turn it off in options..like regular physics..
That wouldn't work well. To the server, they'd all still be there, so you'd hit invisible walls.

I remember reading somewhere that they added this function to the rocket launcher (if anything was left unsupported, it died too) but it made the weapon 'too destructive'. I can't see that as a problem, though :cookieMonster:

That wouldn't work well. To the server, they'd all still be there, so you'd hit invisible walls.

I remember reading somewhere that they added this function to the rocket launcher (if anything was left unsupported, it died too) but it made the weapon 'too destructive'. I can't see that as a problem, though :cookieMonster:
I don't consider that too destructive at all.. if the building's built well enough, it'll hold up, but if it's not, that makes for some interesting opportunities!

Im saying, say you have a guy built out of bricks, when the feet fake kill the rest of the body should stay as one piece while it falls. Not sure if there was any confusion there, but I wanted to specify anyway.

...the body should stay as one piece while it falls...
Good idea, but it sounds like it would take some changes for that to happen, even if it was still just client sided... I'm not sure. Sounds like one of the good aspects of Roblox.. and that we'd almost definitely get that as a new argument among the occasional forum spammers. In any case, it sounds awesome.