Poll

Good?

bad
58 (25%)
good
174 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Author Topic: Medieval RPG weapons and armours- redownload, bow link fixed  (Read 31196 times)

I am starting to give out models to all my released stuff. I actually had the .blend in the zip.
Thanks

Oh common! You had to release it when i go on Holiday!?!
(I'm at my Sisters house, cant get Internet on my Laptop D: )

Oh common! You had to release it when i go on Holiday!?!
(I'm at my Sisters house, cant get Internet on my Laptop D: )

Thats because you need to change your IPv4 thingy and clear it.
(take down the numbers so that when you go home you put them back in and host again)

They'll be out when I get someone who can actually model. I can model pretty well but I have no idea how exporting works so I just use the hammer model at default.

I'm not good ad modeling but i can almost export everything XD (sorry for my bad English)

I'm not good ad modeling but i can almost export everything XD (sorry for my bad English)

I'll refer to you in the future.

[big snip]
The only unfortunate thing is You need Player_Health_Modes add-on for it to work, and if player health modes is enabled the health restoring thing breaks. So just disable Player_Health_Modes in order for this to work, but still have it downloaded. The Armour pack is just a bunch of player types, which sucks, but with [another addon, it's slightly better.]
[another snip]
Default models are used, not much here to see.
It's time for some massive criticizing here. Ah, where to begin, where to begin.

1. In the title, you do not need to put "actually had effort put into." The community is the judge of that, biatch.
2. Why do we need a pack of roughly 25 (combined) sword, bow, and player type edits with no models of any kind?
I have a personal vendetta against mods that add a crazy number of entries to the item list that are all nearly the same damn item. Blockland doesn't need 10 different swords and 10 different bows in the item list. It's a pain to find the item that I actually want to spawn on my bricks.
3. Why the hell do you have such a weird relationship between this mod (particularly the armor pack) and Player_Health_Modes? I repeat the quote:
[big snip]
The only unfortunate thing is You need Player_Health_Modes add-on for it to work, and if player health modes is enabled the health restoring thing breaks. So just disable Player_Health_Modes in order for this to work, but still have it downloaded.
[snip to end]
Health modes must be in your addons, but not enabled or stuff breaks? Bad. Very bad. You couldn't just gut out the parts that you needed from the health modes addon that you needed and put it into your mod?
Although this odd quirk doesn't exactly break the board's rules (You can't break the game with an addon, which this does not do, I hope.) it would be failed on RTB for breaking another addon's function.

TL;DR:
The title is too long
Too many different items that use the same model and take up space in item list
You have to have a certain addon, but if that addon is turned on, stuff breaks: bad.

I've never really thought that any 'comprehensive' medieval mod would really work in Blockland...
And this doesn't work all that well in my eyes.
Decent try, but you really need models for this to be of any value.

wierd?

it won't let me DL

great job though!  make more

edit: whens the RTB bot going to move it. that might help my problem
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:53:14 PM by shuttle man »

-snip-
@ title
People will think its legends pack. I dont hate legend or anything, but the weapon pack is all broken, and seeing as this is the case, people need something that works.

@10 different bows and crap
These are in packs, you just enable the pack (just 3 in a Medieval category) and voila, you have them all enabled.

@armours
I would work on these to have nice .dts files for armour, but I seriously dont know how. It not working without the player health modes disabled happened in v11 or v10 (I had these things a looong time), and I have no idea how to fix it.

@ wanting models
So you can make people have a longer download time, and if they don't download it they have a loving printer model instead? No. I cant export most of my models anyways, and if I was to do any modeling it would look completely unblocklandish.

Although this odd quirk doesn't exactly break the board's rules (You can't break the game with an addon, which this does not do, I hope.) it would be failed on RTB for breaking another addon's function.

That means Ibans Player Health Modes would be failed. Because Ibans Health Modes causes this to break.
Anyways, why the forget would you want the same default players with a loving health bar? Also, I just remembered this actually might not be an issue anymore, but it could be..
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:40:26 AM by Makingblah »

my pants are no longer dry.

We honestly don't need several packs of weapons and other doodads that have only one same value different from each other and a different color. Honestly, it's a waste of datablocks.

We honestly don't need several packs of weapons and other doodads that have only one same value different from each other and a different color. Honestly, it's a waste of datablocks.
Several = 3
datablocks = few
color = why not?
different = yes

the first JVS doors is 60 datablocks and you dont complain.
this is about the same, actually less and you do.

for some people you are right but. people who want to make builds where you fight a boss (giant scorpion) and after you beat it you get a sword the ,next boss another sword ,and so on.