Poll

Good?

bad
58 (25%)
good
174 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Author Topic: Medieval RPG weapons and armours- redownload, bow link fixed  (Read 31197 times)

Several = 3
datablocks = few
color = why not?
different = yes

the first JVS doors is 60 datablocks and you dont complain.
this is about the same, actually less and you do.
The number of Datablocks taken up by JVS doors is acceptable, their functionality outweighs the downside of datablock usage, besides, they cannot be made more datablock-efficient without affecting functionality. The same cannot be said for a number of mundane sword edits, which would have an image, and an item datablock for each- 14 datablocks for what could be used by the existing sword's two, assuming these edits use the sword's sounds and particles. You cannot justify willy-nilly usage of resources in poor add-ons like this, stop trying to.

The number of Datablocks taken up by JVS doors is acceptable, their functionality outweighs the downside of datablock usage, besides, they cannot be made more datablock-efficient without affecting functionality. The same cannot be said for a number of mundane sword edits, which would have an image, and an item datablock for each- 14 datablocks for what could be used by the existing sword's two, assuming these edits use the sword's sounds and particles. You cannot justify willy-nilly usage of resources in poor add-ons like this, stop trying to.

Please kill yourself. You cant accept that if you dont have a use for this, some people might. Please just forget-off. You probably dont like medieval RPGs, and you dont understand that people do like to play them without the same loving sword and bow throughout the whole thing, now theres actually something you can look foward to after spending 3 hours clicking on a loving peice of iron ore and selling it.

Please kill yourself. You cant accept that if you dont have a use for this, some people might. Please just forget-off. You probably dont like medieval RPGs, and you dont understand that people do like to play them without the same loving sword and bow throughout the whole thing, now theres actually something you can look foward to after spending 3 hours clicking on a loving peice of iron ore and selling it.
This sucks, get over it.

This sucks, get over it.
You dont have a use for it, get over it. Read the poll. Get over it. Stop arguing. There is a bridge. Get over it.

You dont have a use for it, get over it. Read the poll. Get over it. Stop arguing. There is a bridge. Get over it.
This sucks, get over it. This will be used by noobs who cant model, get over it. Im done with you, get over it. I did your mom, Get over it.

I did your mom.

When I hear this, I instantly know you have no life.

good they are really good i will have to test i have not tested

Cookie for you, thanks for Stealing Legend's Swords :] and bows :o

Also, Hes pissed about you :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 02:36:49 PM by Godo »

Cookie for, thanks for Stealing Legend's Swords :] and bows :o

Also, Hes pissed about you :)

What.

Whee, rebuttal in the form of 60 split up quotes with responses. Also, darn you, nested quote (quotes in quotes) removal.
On another note, FYI, I haven't actually downloaded the addon. :cookieMonster:
@ title
People will think its legends pack. I dont hate legend or anything, but the weapon pack is all broken, and seeing as this is the case, people need something that works.
Making a functional addon is all fine and dandy in my book, but there are other ways of making your creation noticeably different from someone else's besides adding an odd bit to the end of the title.
@10 different bows and crap
These are in packs, you just enable the pack (just 3 in a Medieval category) and voila, you now have them all enabled. roughly 20 more entries in your item list.
Quote fix, what you said about how the addon comes in 'only' 3 files didn't really address my problem with item packs in general. I didn't say the problem was in the "check box to enable" addon list, but instead this mod adds a bunch of entries to the item list. I emphasize that one more time, the ITEM LIST!</endformatting>
I mean the item list that's used for spawning items on bricks, or from bricks using events. This is also related to a datablock count problem, but I'll get to that a bit later in the post.
@armours
I would work on these to have nice .dts files for armour, but I seriously dont know how. It not working without the player health modes disabled happened in v11 or v10 (I had these things a looong time), and I have no idea how to fix it.
On a completely random spelling note, there is no "u" in "armor." Just saying. :) Edit: In the US, anyway. XD
As for the armors, it's ok that there are no models for them, it'd be a new thing for a playertype to have a special model associated with it.
@ wanting models
So you can make people have a longer download time, and if they don't download it they have a loving printer sword model instead? No. I cant export most of my models anyways, and if I was to do any modeling it would look completely unblocklandish.
If I remember correctly, the "default model" system is a tiny bit intelligent, I think it can tell between melee weapons (sword as default model) and "guns" of varying kinds (printer as default model)
Anywho, without models, there is very little uniqueness in this addon's bows and swords in comparison to the default bow & sword.
It's just a crapload of minor number tweaks.
<In response to a quote from me:>
That means Ibans Player Health Modes would be failed. Because Ibans Health Modes causes this to break.
Anyways, why the forget would you want the same default players with a loving health bar? Also, I just remembered this actually might not be an issue anymore, but it could be..
When one addon breaks another addon, the newer of the two addons is to blame 99% of the time.
I'm not saying that having the extra player types is a bad thing, but having such a weird dependency on an old addon doesn't work very well.
Help me clarify: What exactly goes wrong when both your playertype mod and Health_Modes are on at the same time?
Regardless, my suggestion (take what you need from the other mod and put it in your own; give credit) stands.
datablocks = few != 85, if what you said in your first post was accurate. (30+25+30=85)
color = why not? It's unoriginal.
different = yes not exactly

The first JVS door mod had about 60 datablocks but we didn't complain, because it added something completely new and unique to Blockland.
This is about the same, actually, less and you do. about 25 more, and now we do.
With severe quote edits, it's time to cover the datablock problem.
On second thought, never mind, because it's normal for packs of nearly identical items to hog 'em up. I'm not a big fan of packs...

TL;DR (Yay, incredibly long posts)
Most of what I said before still stands
I meant the ITEM LIST gets hogged with numerous entries. Not the addon list.
Models make weapon addons unique, as opposed to being just edits
I don't quite get what's the deal with this addon + player_health_modes
I don't care for like (<edit) item packs in general
I should join a debate club
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:28:27 PM by Vidios »

I meant the ITEM LIST gets hogged with numerous entries. Not the addon list.
The idea here is to only have it enabled if you're making an RP, in which case other addons should be disabled anyway.

Models make weapon addons unique, as opposed to being just edits
The point of this is to have as little of a download time as possible.

I don't quite get what's the deal with this addon + player_health_modes
"Armor"

I don't care for item packs in general
If you don't care, don't post.

snip
Jesus, that was a long post. Unfortunately I can counteract almost all of it.
Now, Niliscro pointed out the most important things, So I'll just do a few things.

@ random armor note
Its the english way of spelling it, like color would be colour and honor honour, meter metre and stuff like that.

@ 25 more datablocks
Datablocks are mainly created by sounds and particles, so what I have done is make them use only one particle and sound each, instead of creating a whole new one like legend did. Which is why the datablocks have less.. data. Please get your facts right before spewing them from your ass.

@ itemlist
Niliscro said it for me.

@ printer sword default model
I was exagerating.

@
When one addon breaks another addon, the newer of the two addons is to blame 99% of the time.
I'm not saying that having the extra player types is a bad thing, but having such a weird dependency on an old addon doesn't work very well.
Help me clarify: What exactly goes wrong when both your playertype mod and Health_Modes are on at the same time?
Regardless, my suggestion (take what you need from the other mod and put it in your own; give credit) stands.

I was merely pointing out what he said, but I knew what he meant.
What happens when their both enabled together, the health regenerates way to fast instead of not at all, again, this might be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:42:17 AM by Makingblah »