Author Topic: Customize laptop?  (Read 930 times)

My dad's been looking at some desktop recently that he might one, and he is giving his old compter (laptop) to my mom (sadface) and since my stuffty desktop broke down, I might try and get my mom's old laptop, which is really just for using internet and stuff, but it can run Blockland on high settings.

Been wondering if I could get a better video card and processor for it, anyone know of any cheap places?

Add ShamWow for only $19.95

You have to contact your specific manufacturer about laptop upgrades.

You can't get a better video card because it's built in to the motherboard.

I believe you CAN replace the CPU in a laptop, but it really wouldn't be worth the time, effort, or most importantly, the money.

The only upgrade that might be worth it is RAM.

Not all of them are integrated.
On some models of laptops, the video card may actually be seperate/removable.
But, that is very rarely the case.

The CPU may also be integrated, but less likely.

Hell, some have integrated RAM.

I believe you CAN replace the CPU in a laptop, but it really wouldn't be worth the time, effort, or most importantly, the money.

The only upgrade that might be worth it is RAM.

Um, not all laptop GPUs are integrated...

Add ShamWow for only $19.95
you got to love the Shamwow,i t's awsome. It's also good for cleaning cars!

@Inverted
It doesn't have integrated graphics, the graphics card it currently has is Mobile Intel, so it's kinda crappy. If I can't get a new graphics card, I'll probably take the graphics card from my desktop, like I will my D: drive, cause it's got all my stuff like Steam and etc.

@Inverted
It doesn't have integrated graphics, the graphics card it currently has is Mobile Intel, so it's kinda crappy. If I can't get a new graphics card, I'll probably take the graphics card from my desktop, like I will my D: drive, cause it's got all my stuff like Steam and etc.
Its most likely integrated.  And you wouldn't be able to put a desktop GPU in a laptop anyway.  And your desktop hard drive won't fit either because laptop hard drives are 2.5" and desktop drives are 3.5"

Um, not all laptop GPUs are integrated...

There are so many of them that are integrated that it isn't even worth considering the ones that aren't.

Especially if they're older.

Extra Memory Space
Video Cards.

I don't know much about computers.

But a friend recommended this website for my computer, since its low on space and an outdated comp.

Not sure if they're good ones or not.

Both of those links are Desktop hardware.

I'm stupid with computers.

</meleavingthread>

Well I'll save it, just in case I fix my Desktop. That, or if I wanna make my own. Some of that stuff is pretty cheap and real nice.