Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 328242 times)

Is not being able to host a good reason?

Before the update I could host just fine 8D.

Oop ok that's an issue. The only way I can see this happening is if you had a zip file which wasn't downloaded from RTB. Looks like there's going to have to be a v3.5 after all.

Would you prefer RTB downloaded the full add-on as opposed to the content only if you have the full add-on (but not from RTB), or would you want RTB to just skip that particular file? It seems to make sense to automatically sync it to RTB so you get the new versions automatically too.

Next time it gets stuck, do this:

Code: [Select]
canvas.pushDialog(RTB_ModManager);
And click Transfers and take a picture.
Still doesn't work.

Still doesn't work.

Your screenshots won't work? You should understand that saying "it doesn't work" is about as helpful as saying "it hurts" when going to see a doctor. If I knew what your Transfers list looked like it might give me more information.

Your screenshots won't work? You should understand that saying "it doesn't work" is about as helpful as saying "it hurts" when going to see a doctor. If I knew what your Transfers list looked like it might give me more information.
Yeah, my screenshots won't work. But when I typed it in, it just went to mod manager and it wouldn't work. All the files had "File - 404" or whatever number it is and it won't download.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:42:41 PM by SkullCandy »

Yeah, my screenshots won't work. But when I typed it in, it just went to mod manager and it wouldn't work. All the files had "File - 404" or whatever number it is and it won't download.

Just do this, then I can start  figuring out what's wrong.

1) Open Blockland

2) Open the console and type:
Code: [Select]
$RTB::Debug = 2;
3) Close console and join a server/do whatever to make the error happen

4) Close Blockland, Send console.log to me (Either via forums or to my email)

Oops. Looks like some jackass managed to avoid the add-on exploit scanning on the RTB Downloads System and inserted some code into an add-on he submitted to get admin on other people's servers.

I've barred him from RTB and will be reworking the scanning to catch these kinds of things more effectively.

Oops. Looks like some jackass managed to avoid the add-on exploit scanning on the RTB Downloads System and inserted some code into an add-on he submitted to get admin on other people's servers.

I've barred him from RTB and will be reworking the scanning to catch these kinds of things more effectively.
Which addon was this? Then i can remove it.

The Air Supply Add-on. It should be on the crap-on list.

if theres this many probs i dont want to update

With over 3000 people downloading v3.4 since Monday and only 3 or 4 people reporting issues here - I think it's safe to say the problems are not that widespread. Suit yourself, though.

The only problems I've been having is that it keeps downloading map packs I already have and removing them from my real list and putting them into the "content only" section.

If you leave the server after downloading that map then re-join do you download it again?

I'll be patching these issues hopefully this weekend with v3.5.

If you leave the server after downloading that map then re-join do you download it again?

I'll be patching these issues hopefully this weekend with v3.5.

No, once it's in the "content only" section, it doesn't redownload it, but then I can't use the maps in my own server.  This happens particularly with Ladios' Slate Edits, I suspect because I downloaded them (through RTB) after 3.4 was released.

So even if you download the latest version off RTB it still replaces it with content? I'd try it out but I'm at work at the moment.