Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 328264 times)

The progress bar for RTB takes into account all of the add-ons you need to download. Once it is at 100% you've got all the add-ons.

I don't think I'd be too keen on ruining the minimalism of the loading screen, though.
Ooh, I like the sound of one total loading bar instead of one that empties and fills over and over again...

Perhaps if you could add a skip button, you could add another button that would take you to the RtB Mod Manager transfer list and you could view it from there if you wanted to.

At the moment the file transfer system is really unstable and it's essentially pure luck that it still works.

The original brief I worked to was just to make a queueing system to be used in the Mod Manager. I've had to hack it up to allow people to download from the server information page, and now from the loading page. Touching it too much can cause it to break sometimes and I haven't narrowed down why so I'd like to avoid people interacting with it when it has a direct influence on whether or not they are able to spawn in the server.

It'd be a nice feature to have in the future so you can manually choose which add-ons you want to skip. It'll definitely have to be a v4 feature though.

OK, i swear something is wrong with rtb cause when i download on mod manager i have to find the zip so i can put it into blockland add-ons(also, i need to double click it to make it download the actually thing... idk why). and when i join another rtb server it does some crazy thing with "Retrieving Server RTB Add-Ons" and it gets stuck there. Here are screen shots of loading. sorry the pictures are to small! And ummmm if you CAN see the pictures the TF2 and "Waiting for server" are stuck. not moving an inch. this is a serious issue because most servers are have RTB and on every one its the same damn thing. i will wait a while to let the fix happen Ephialtes but I'm very impatient so if you will please hurry... for now i am removing rtb from add-ons...*sniffle*

The same thing happens to me with the "Retrieving Server RTB Add-Ons" all the RTB servers didn't load. I took RTB out of my addons folder and all of the servers worked, but Blockland wasn't the same without RTB so i put RTB back in my folder after about a week and about 4/5 of the RTB servers worked

Like I said, I've never experienced this myself and nobody has provided me with any evidence so there's nothing I'm willing to do at this point.

It always works for me.

It always works for me.
Lucky... Your so lucky i might hurt you for being lucky and I'm not... lucky...

Lucky... Your so lucky i might hurt you for being lucky and I'm not... lucky...

Explain your problem clearly, using bullet points for each issue. I don't know why you have to "find the zip so i can put it into blockland add-ons" - RTB downloads files directly to your add-ons folder.

I hate people who message you on the IRC for no reason and go completely rampaging on your IRC. Can you add an ignore and un-ignore botton on the IRC?

There's already an ignore feature.
Type /ignore Name

I hate people who message you on the IRC for no reason and go completely rampaging on your IRC. Can you add an ignore and un-ignore botton on the IRC?
To stop recieving all messages, try this:

I usually only log on when I'm trying to find someone else or if I've crashed from a server to ask if other people got the same as me.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 02:10:18 AM by Space Guy »

Bump because it was on page 2.

Every time I join an RTB server it redownloads the "Script_achievements" content file.

Every time I join an RTB server it redownloads the "Script_achievements" content file.

Hmm why dont you dl it by your self for 1 time by Mod Manager?

That would explain it being top of the Weekly Picks. I'll investigate.

It also seems to do this with Map_Plate2, if there could be a common factor in these somewhere.