Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 328049 times)

People don't read, and unfortunately I make a note of people who don't read because I need people in the beta who do read.
You said read.

People don't read, and unfortunately I make a note of people who don't read because I need people in the beta who do read.
I read this.

/facedesk

http://forum.returntoblockland.com/beta.php

You SIGN UP when its OPEN.

You DON'T ask.

I wasn't asking.
I was being humorous.
I'm bad at jokes bro

I wasn't asking.
I was being humorous.
I'm bad at jokes bro
He was talking to DrenDran.

I wasn't asking.
I was being humorous.
I'm bad at jokes bro
There we go guys.

Looking forward to the official release.

I don't think that he needs people who like to be humorous in the beta. I think he needs people who can actually give logical feedback to the beta, and don't just want to be in it to say, "Hey, haha you i got in the beta and YOU didnt, hahahah you suck balls."

Ephialtes is currently looking for / selected people who he believes can actually be of any use in testing, bug reporting, etc. You can't just ask to be in the beta, you will be selected. And if you arn't selected, 2 things:
1. Too loving bad.
2. You have a small window of opportunity when the beta sign up is open.

Anyway, if you don't get selected, big deal, the real RTB 4 will be out soon after the beta. And so, with that, i can ask that people not ask / talk / cry about when the beta / full version of RTB 4 will be out. It will be out when it's out, don't rush him. It's not easy script RTB or design the GUI's or the server. So, before you ask when it'l be out again, think about the work Ephialtes is putting into this, he doesn't even have to do this, he wants to, its a hobby.

This long ass rant is because I personally am annoyied by how many people are still asking about the beta. If you have anything to talk about the beta, it should be suggestions, requests, etc.. nothing else. And i bet that Ephialtes is just as annoyied as i am.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:01:44 PM by Evar678 »

I don't think that he needs people who like to be humorous in the beta. I think he needs people who can actually give logical feedback to the beta, and don't just want to be in it to say, "Hey, haha you i got in the beta and YOU didnt, hahahah you suck balls."

Ephialtes is currently looking for / selected people who he believes can actually be of any use in testing, bug reporting, etc. You can't just ask to be in the beta, you will be selected. And if you arn't selected, 2 things:
1. Too loving bad.
2. You have a small window of opportunity when the beta sign up is open.

Anyway, if you don't get selected, big deal, the real RTB 4 will be out soon after the beta. And so, with that, i can ask that people not ask / talk / cry about when the beta / full version of RTB 4 will be out. It will be out when it's out, don't rush him. It's not easy script RTB or design the GUI's or the server. So, before you ask when it'l be out again, think about the work Ephialtes is putting into this, he doesn't even have to do this, he wants to, its a hobby.
Funny considering the beta takes the first 80 members, no choice by Ephialtes.

People don't read

Only the first 20 were selected for alpha, while the last 80 are a "free-for-all whoever signs up first" race of sorts for beta.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:37:06 PM by Blastdown »

I have a cool idea for RTB that may, or may not, have been already suggested:

You can mark servers as favorites, and Connect will give you a message when one of them starts up, and you should also be able to look at all of your favorites that are currently up.

Funny considering the beta takes the first 80 members, no choice by Ephialtes.
He can exclude people from being able to sign up.

I have a cool idea for RTB that may, or may not, have been already suggested:

You can mark servers as favorites, and Connect will give you a message when one of them starts up, and you should also be able to look at all of your favorites that are currently up.

I think a feature like that would be quite a pain for me to implement logistically. Lots of people are pretty enthusiastic about server favorites and originally I was pretty against the idea, but I will put some more thought into how I could do this.

Assuming the "server favorites" idea was implemented, how would a favorite be specified?

I mean, would it be like saying "Oh, I like John's servers, so tell me when he is hosting"
or
would it be more specific such as "I like John's RP server but I don't care for his freebuilds, just let me know when the RP is back up!"

Perhaps this idea demands the addition of proper tags for servers? I personally would like to see some method of filtering out certain types of servers based on tags.