RTB Development

Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 328022 times)

Will the Maps subforum get a RTB Listings child forum with it?

No. We only need one forum for RTB Add-ons to separate them from the junk. If you want to see them by category then just go to http://mods.returntoblockland.com/

Getting pretty sick of the level of quality of the add-ons being submitted to RTB recently. I'm almost done with the refactoring changes for the add-on scanner and once this is done I'm going to integrate it into the upload form so users get a list of things to fix before they even complete the submission process. This should be done and put live at some point this weekend.

The scanner will perform a scan at stage 3 of the submit process, and you'll be presented with a list of warnings and errors about your file. You can either fix these or just submit the file anyway - but if you choose to submit without fixing the errors then we won't open an issue with you about it, it'll be put into the Fail Bin. There could be some cases where the scanner misidentifies something, so just submit it anyway and I'll approve it and alter the scanner rules.

Well, I figured I'd put this here.

Well, I submitted my AWP almost 4 weeks ago. I have yet to get a message with it having errors and other things have been being approved. It's now not even in the holding tank, and I don't see it approved.

I'd like to know what's up? I'm confused.

Am I missing something?

Ephialtes, does the scanner prevent code in the server.cs for prints? No, right?

Ephialtes, does the scanner prevent code in the server.cs for prints? No, right?
What's wrong with forcing people to download prints.

What's wrong with forcing people to download prints.

I was thinking about how I implement my animated prints. I wouldn't release my horrid code, but what if someone figures out a good way to do it that can actually be accepted and tries to release it? I was assuming it'd be denied as some feeling of obviously not.

I was thinking about how I implement my animated prints. I wouldn't release my horrid code, but what if someone figures out a good way to do it that can actually be accepted and tries to release it?
Tell us, so we can see how horrid it is and how it can be improved.

Tell us, so we can see how horrid it is and how it can be improved.

It makes 6 prints, then registers them to a list and, when any of the 6 frames are put on a brick, it begins to cycle. The fun part was when Badspot made it so prints are remembered. The prints of ghost bricks animated, totally without any editing on my part. Was awesome...

But it is obviously a flawed script, so I'd rather it be built from scratch in a more efficient way by someone smarter. The only problem is, if it should be made in the first place, which is a no.

Getting pretty sick of the level of quality of the add-ons being submitted to RTB recently. I'm almost done with the refactoring changes for the add-on scanner and once this is done I'm going to integrate it into the upload form so users get a list of things to fix before they even complete the submission process. This should be done and put live at some point this weekend.

The scanner will perform a scan at stage 3 of the submit process, and you'll be presented with a list of warnings and errors about your file. You can either fix these or just submit the file anyway - but if you choose to submit without fixing the errors then we won't open an issue with you about it, it'll be put into the Fail Bin. There could be some cases where the scanner misidentifies something, so just submit it anyway and I'll approve it and alter the scanner rules.
Ephi thats the best Idea I've ever heard.

How is RTB being affected by BL v18? Will you still include the mod manager?

How is RTB being affected by BL v18? Will you still include the mod manager?
Yes v18 just fixes downloading other peoples add-ons.

It doesn't fix downloading anything.

It just allows faster downloading of all currently submitted add-ons.

Yes v18 just fixes downloading other peoples add-ons.
Quit it, I posted that after Badspot announced that it was not a mod manager, but a database for faster DLs.