Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 328064 times)

The Mod Manager is still useful, but I'll be disabling content downloading when v18 is released, and then I'll probably remove that functionality from v4.

Wait, you're removing ingame Add-On downloading and managing? Does that v18 update include downloading directly into the game like Mod Manager? I'd hate to have to go to my web browser every time I wanted a new Add-On when you have such an awesome system.

Wait, you're removing ingame Add-On downloading and managing? Does that v18 update include downloading directly into the game like Mod Manager? I'd hate to have to go to my web browser every time I wanted a new Add-On when you have such an awesome system.
I think he meant he'll be disabling the faster RTB Download for the loading gui.

I think he meant he'll be disabling the faster RTB Download for the loading gui.

But we'll still be able to download with it? Just... it'd connect to Blockland's place instead of RTB's?

Are we even talking about the same thing or what

He says his disabling content downloading and then... OHHHH, he meant that annoying downloading when you join a server. I hate that. I'll join a server, and it'll freeze up with the initial chat saying "Getting RTB Add-Ons" for like 30 seconds.

I'll join a server, and it'll freeze up with the initial chat saying "Getting RTB Add-Ons" for like 30 seconds.
Either you have a terrible connection (period or to RTB), or the server you're joining has too many add-ons.

Either you have a terrible connection (period or to RTB), or the server you're joining has too many add-ons.

I'd say it's both, but... Well, can anyone else says this happens before I say "But the users should be considered?"

He says his disabling content downloading and then... OHHHH, he meant that annoying downloading when you join a server. I hate that. I'll join a server, and it'll freeze up with the initial chat saying "Getting RTB Add-Ons" for like 30 seconds.
I'd much prefer that to thirty minutes of downloading files one at a time and lagging the server...

I'd much prefer that to thirty minutes of downloading files one at a time and lagging the server...

Well now we'll get it from Badspot's servers. :cookieMonster:

Ephi, do you think making something where it deletes add-ons that don't have a .cs file, that spam your add-ons folder? Just a thought, but it would be useful.

Ephi, do you think making something where it deletes add-ons that don't have a .cs file, that spam your add-ons folder? Just a thought, but it would be useful.
Those are there for the .dts's, sounds, and such so you can see them in-game.

That's all the add-ons (that aren't on RTB) that get downloaded when you join server. Thats what the update is changing, making downloading those more efficient.

If you want to ignore those, sort the files by type. All the folders stay at the top, Zips and whatnot stay to the bottom.

That's all the add-ons (that aren't on RTB) that get downloaded when you join server. Thats what the update is changing, making downloading those more efficient.

If you want to ignore those, sort the files by type. All the folders stay at the top, Zips and whatnot stay to the bottom.
V18 will place downloaded content add-ons in a cache folder, not the add-ons folder.

V18 will place downloaded content add-ons in a cache folder, not the add-ons folder.

Aw, forget no.

D: