Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 328028 times)

Ephialtes, are you aware that RTB is currently down?

I tried submitting an addon earlier and it stopped working right in the middle of submission... D:

Aw, forget no.

D:
forget proper organization?
No, forget you.

V18 will place downloaded content add-ons in a cache folder, not the add-ons folder.
That's pretty awesome. Now I don't have to sift through 10,000 folders to look at the 10,000 .zips I have.

Let me get this straight. The addons YOU SPECIFIALY DOWNLOAD will go to a chace folder. You won't get other people's addons. No more content dowloading?

Am I right? If I am, YES!!!

V18 will place downloaded content add-ons in a cache folder, not the add-ons folder.
forget yeah.
I think this is the year for a bunch of great new things.
Gravity Cat's New weapon pack
Bushidos Tier Tac updates
RTB V4
V18, which will have so much new stuff
Iban's new CityRPG might come close to this.
I think Badspot is going to retire after all the work he is putting to V18.

Let me get this straight. The addons YOU SPECIFIALY DOWNLOAD will go to a chace folder. You won't get other people's addons. No more content dowloading?

Wrong.
Add-ons you specifically download will go into add-ons folder. When you join someone's server, their add-ons will be downloaded into the cache folder.
There is still downloading, just a lot faster.

I think Badspot is going to retire after all the work he is putting to V18.
It's just a faster download system, I won't stop bringing him back to life with my shock stick till blockland has full HDR, dynamic shadows and a maximum brick count of 2.9 million.

Also that day night cycle i've wanted for years.

The old webserver has broken so badly that I've had to migrate things early. The api is the first to move over and I'm transferring things now. I'll keep posting updates here as things progress.

DNS changes are re-propagating now so you'll have to wait a bit until your ISPs have the latest details.

... or you could throw in a temporary/permanent re-direction...

... or you could throw in a temporary/permanent re-direction...

Yeah again, you have no idea how these things work. You are not as clever as you think you are.

DNS should be re-propagated for most people now - if you're still having issues connecting just wait a bit longer. The downloads system is actually now on a different webserver from where the api is serving files so I've had to disable file uploading/editing for the time being to prevent any files getting inconsistent. Once the downloads system is moved over I'll re-open those but that might not be until Monday since I'm away for a bit.

The good news is the API runs super fast now.

You misunderstood me... Again...
I meant that while the DNS is being updated, you could put in a temporary file in the previous server where it redirects directly(IP) to the new host. But due this is done pretty quickly, that might be redundant.

Great idea Coupon, I'll just make an add-on with an exploit or virus in it, then you will automatically download it when you join my server.

Great idea Coupon, I'll just make an add-on with an exploit or virus in it, then you will automatically download it when you join my server.
And some program has to run it. Which Blockland is not capable to do.

If v18 places downloaded content into a cache folder, are those folders contents still accessible to the user?

And if its a cache, will it be cleared each time you reset/reinstall/update blockland?