Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 334406 times)

I don't know if this has been asked before, but do you plan on implementing any clan management systems for RTB?

Eventually yeah, it's something I'd like to do but it's another big project like the chat system was (but even bigger because it needs both online and ingame components built) so it's a big one and quite a way off at the moment.

It's worth noting that RTB v4 will have in-game access to search the RTB id list.

How exactly would this be implemented? Does it only go to the extent of seeing the last online time or what?

How exactly would this be implemented? Does it only go to the extent of seeing the last online time or what?
The mod manager can see the comments and screenshots of an add-on. Why would the ID list be cut down on functionality?

I have no idea what your post has to do with mine, except you mentioned ID list... I'm saying, he said the ID list would be accessible ingame, and I wanted to know if that's still planned or if it was only meant to extend to stuff like how long ago a friend was online.

I have no idea what your post has to do with mine, except you mentioned ID list... I'm saying, he said the ID list would be accessible ingame, and I wanted to know if that's still planned or if it was only meant to extend to stuff like how long ago a friend was online.

Yes, it is still planned and the last online display in the user info is not from the ID list.

You should allow adding by name, with multiple matches showing all the matches and their IDs so you can pick which you meant/cancel it.

Would also be quite cool if notifications were variable height, too. I was looking at modding them so that message notifications showed a small snippet of the message, and possibly showing a notification when you login of how many of your friends are online.

Eventually yeah, it's something I'd like to do but it's another big project like the chat system was (but even bigger because it needs both online and ingame components built) so it's a big one and quite a way off at the moment.

That's what I was thinking lol

I would absolutely love to see clan management in RTB 4.5, or whatever the next version may be. It would really be simple, if you think about it...

RTB 4 reminds me of Steam.
Any way, I think the icons on the overlay are a little too small. But it's not too bad.

Something terribly wrong happened.

Code: [Select]
getSubStr(...): error, starting position and desired length must be >= 0: ("<bo",1, -2)
BackTrace: ->RTBCC_Socket::onLine->XMLParser::bufferData

Some kind of infinite loop spammed this in my console and crashed the game.

It happened after starting a non-dedicated server, right after this:

Code: [Select]
*** LOADING MISSION: Add-Ons/Map_Skylands/skylands.mis
*** Stage 1 load
Mission Name: Skylands
Mission SaveName: Slate
Mission Description:
*** Stage 2 load
Executing Add-Ons/Map_Skylands/skylands.mis.
*** Mission loaded
Regenerating file manifest
Got 1050 items in manifest, 753 files hashed
Posting to master server
Posting to rtb server
Got connect request from IPX:00000000:000000000000:0
  net name = Chrono
Connection established
Connected successfully, killing other pending connections
AUTHCHECK: Chrono = LAN client -> internet server, auth with server ip

I get the errors as well, but it's never crashed me.

Theres no way to add a button in F2 that you can click to send people an invite/

Theres no way to add a button in F2 that you can click to send people an invite/
Is this a question or a statement?

Is this a question or a statement?
Its pretty obvious that was supposed to be a question mark