Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 334416 times)

I still can't replicate a case that causes the groups to get deleted. It seems to be really obscure. Did you modify the groups recently prior to the deletion?
No. I've had the same groups for a long time. I did not lose anything as this has happened to me a lot in the past, I've learned to take backups of my groups. Funny thing is, this bug hasn't happened to me in a while. I remember a year back or so my groups would get deleted every other time I would start Blockland. Now they have been there for many months.

support/networking.cs (298)
Code: [Select]
//- TCPObject::onDisconnect (onDisconnect callback)
function TCPObject::onDisconnect(%this)
{
   %this.delete();

if(%this.dead)
      return;
}
This should be better wrapped. It is bad practice to remove someone else's objects. I would suggest that you should check if the objects is from RTB. Also, why is the check if it's dead after the delete?

support/networking.cs (298)
---
This should be better wrapped. It is bad practice to remove someone else's objects. I would suggest that you should check if the objects is from RTB. Also, why is the check if it's dead after the delete?
Ah, is that the reason that your GUI replacer keeps giving me object not found errors?

Tell BlockBot to automatically move people to "Looking for Servers" if they say or "/me" action the words server and go to within 3 posts of eachother or if said within a 10-second time frame.

You can't move people for saying things, because they might be quoting someone else with the intention of forewarning of an starfish instead of actually saying that.

Is there any way to access RTB outside of Blockland anymore?

For some reason, my dedicated servers always come up as not having rtb, but my regular servers work just fine.

Nope, and he hasn't exactly been supportive of third-party (read: my) initiatives to do it.

Nope, and he hasn't exactly been supportive of third-party (read: my) initiatives to do it.
Probably because if he wanted it done hed want it done right

He said he might consider releasing the chat protocol or whatever someday.

RTB 3.X
RTB3 is finally out now, featuring the new Mod Manager, GUI Downloading, and the overhaul of basically the entire RTB framework. With a framework that actually works, it means I can focus on the more interesting stuff you guys have been looking forward to. This work had to be done at some point, and it wasn't a good idea to build anything else onto the old RTB2 framework because that too would have to have been re-done.

You'll notice there are a few things missing from RTB3 that were in RTB2, the main one I've heard about is the Server Information - this is not permanently removed and it will be back in 3.1 which is due in about 1-2 weeks. RTB 3.1 will also be addressing any issues raised as a result of RTB3.

Modding Documentation
http://returntoblockland.com/files/RTB_Documentation.pdf

RTB 4
RTB4 is more what you guys are waiting for. Part of the RTB Strategy is to release one large feature per version. V2 was well, RTB itself. V3 the new Mod Manager. Now I am proud to present V4, RTB Connect. Here's a brief synopsis of the features intended for this extension.

• Friends List - This will be very similar to how AIM or MSN works. You'll have a list with user-defined groups into which you can add your friends by Blockland ID. They will then receive an invitation to be friends (depending on their privacy settings) and then both of you will appear on eachother's friends lists along with other details such as online status, current server etc.

• Messaging - To compliment the Friends List, you will also be able to start conversations with friends on your friends list. The messaging may be quite rudimentary at first, and just contain basic messaging capabilities - nothing flashy like "winks" and "nudges" and all of that crap.

• File Sharing - Depending on quite a few factors, you may also be able to send Blockland files to eachother over the messenger, such as save files or screenshots.

• Chat Rooms - This is not yet confirmed as I haven't fully researched the capabilities of the server software we'll be using but it is something I will be pursuing regardless.

Accounts will work on a per-id basis. Each ID gets one RTB Connect account and this account may be accessed from outside the game using any Jabber/XMPP compatible chat client.

Previews
Here's a mock-up of the buddy list you'll be using for RTB Connect.

Anyway, feel free to discuss what you would and wouldn't like to see in RTB3/RTB4 below.

More Information
I will be periodically posting more information on our forums (http://forum.returntoblockland.com/) and our blog (http://returntoblockland.com) so you can check on those quite often.

you forgot something you forgot the freinds or other user's blocklander!

1: Your posts make no loving sense.
2: You quoted the first post without any snipping like a moron.
3: People like you piss me off for some odd reason.

There will be a way eventually, yeah. It's not super high on the list of things to do, but it's on there.

For some reason, my dedicated servers always come up as not having rtb, but my regular servers work just fine.

Yeah this is a known issue, it will be fixed in RTB 4.01. I kind of forgot a bunch of stuff for dedicated servers so I'm going to try and fix that up ASAP. I don't think they even have a method to update at the moment without downloading the new version from the site.

Tell BlockBot to automatically move people to "Looking for Servers" if they say or "/me" action the words server and go to within 3 posts of eachother or if said within a 10-second time frame.

Looking for Servers / Off Topic were just experiments to see if people cared enough to utilize the right rooms - they aren't so I'll be removing them and coming up with something else instead.

Looking for Servers / Off Topic were just experiments to see if people cared enough to utilize the right rooms - they aren't so I'll be removing them and coming up with something else instead.
"General Discussion" and "General Discussion Without BlockBot."

But seriously, about half the time I look at the chat room people are discussing how BlockBot is a scourge to humanity and the worst moderator to have ever existed.

I don't think she's that bad, she might be a little oppressive sometimes but people really make too big a deal out of it. You can hold a normal conversation fine with her present.