Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 333522 times)

Return to Blockland Connect didn't sound too great either; thats why you went with RTB Connect, no? This one could be called just BLC Connect, or you could be a bit humorous, and give cloud names to the different features of BLC. Stratus Downloader, Cirrus Connect, etc. That's a bit cheesy though, yet it has seemed to work for some other popular projects out there on the Internet.

"Cloud Connect"?

I still like RTB as a name, though...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:59:46 AM by Space Guy »

Yeah RTB was a good name and I know there will be some resistance to changing it. The problem is when new people find out what RTB stands for, their first question is "returning from what?" or something along those lines. It just doesn't make sense under the circumstances.

"Cloud Connect"?
Cloud Connected

Of course you can do the AJAX framework, but do not reinvent the wheel. Just build your frame to your car and put the wheels on.

Of course you can do the AJAX framework, but do not reinvent the wheel. Just build your frame to your car and put the wheels on.

I appreciate that you're trying to help or advise, but I'm planning to do things my way which usually involves reinventing everything.

For some reason, so do I... Most for learning me stuffs... You could still use them as a reference if you got stuck somewhere. (Everyone get stuck sometimes!)

Is the RTB IM thing going to replace the IRC?

Is the RTB IM thing going to replace the IRC?
You better hope that the IRC gets trashed.

You better hope that the IRC gets trashed.

I hope so, the IRC sucks.

I'm thinking I will be keeping the IRC in RTB but deactivated, as some sort of contingency plan. Since it runs off a server that isn't the RTB one it provides a good place for people to wtf when the RTB server drops dead. So I guess if RTB can't connect to the api then it'll execute the IRC for you.

As long as the IM works, I don't care what happens to the IRC.

Can you make the IM work when not using Blockland?

As long as the IM works, I don't care what happens to the IRC.

Can you make the IM work when not using Blockland?

Ephi's stated that he's taking measures to make it compatible with XMPP clients.

Ephi's stated that he's taking measures to make it compatible with XMPP clients.

He could also make one that can work by itself.