Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 328046 times)

How do I delete my own Add-Ons from the Download Manager?

I want to get rid of my Tornado Siren sound after suggestions of making it into ogg.

No I mean Top bar means like and bottom bar means dislike theres no neutral.
If theres a neutral then it would be a no vote.
Exactly.
Neutral would even bring down a good mod, and raise a bad one.

I want to get rid of my Tornado Siren sound after suggestions of making it into ogg.
You can make it private. I think that's the best you can do.

Eventually I'll have some sort of "request delete" thing in place, but for now just PM a Mod Reviewer and give a decent reason.

Eventually I'll have some sort of "request delete" thing in place, but for now just PM a Mod Reviewer and give a decent reason.
Alright.

Progress Update

Wedge is out of town until the end of August so I'll probably delay the beta until he gets back.

Chatting is pretty much done at this point. There are a few design things I need to change and there's a an issue with the protocol that I overlooked when I designed it which means error callbacks from messages sent to the server cannot be linked to an offending chat session, so that'll need fixing.

Some work also needs to be done to remove ML code from chat messages - sounds best to do the stripping on the server using a regex. Links are finally going to be clickable within chats too, so that's exciting.

I may look into toying with chat rooms since I've got the extra time, but this may or may not make it into the initial beta depending on how far I get.

How close would you say RTB is to having those multi-person chat rooms you mentioned?

I've designed the protocol for it within the server and tested it out so it works in theory. It's just a case of writing the interface for it. It'll definitely be in the initial v4 release, just probably not in the initial beta.

I can't decide which notification popup style to use, opinions/ideas?

I like 2 and 3.
1 is a bit dark to me, and 4 looks odd in some way.

3 is the regular style for gui
, 1 and 2 are too soft
4 the white box is strange, its usually for typing stuff not for showing stuff

Well 1 and 2 are the style used on the ingame UI, but they would look weird used out of game. 4 looks like a text box, except you can't type in it. I say go with 3.

I could use #1 for in-game popups and #3/#4 for out-of-game popups.

Nah, just keep it all the same.

Makes it fit into Blockland More.

Or you could change the color scheme for ingame and out of game messages :O