Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 332902 times)

I just thought to use Info on Blockbot, and according to RTB, she is ID 50. Is this actual or just for the purpose of filling that field?
Just for the purpose of filling the field obviously.

Just checking, sorry to bother you.

No luck with this, I started 100 servers, tabbed out each time - nothing weird happened.
I can't seem to trigger it either. It happens unexpectedly.

What I usually do:

Open Blockland.
Immediately start a server on Skylands.
Alt+tab.

Look back and it's doing it.

I can't seem to do it again though. It's happened twice out of the hundreds of times I've started a server.

I can't seem to trigger it either. It happens unexpectedly.

What I usually do:

Open Blockland.
Immediately start a server on Skylands.
Alt+tab.

Look back and it's doing it.

I can't seem to do it again though. It's happened twice out of the hundreds of times I've started a server.
Happened once for me.

I can only stat dedi servers, my normal one doesn't work

If anyone can get a trace of this xml parser loop then there's some sort of reward in it for them. I'd really like to get a fix for this in the next patch I release soon.

If anyone can get a trace of this xml parser loop then there's some sort of reward in it for them. I'd really like to get a fix for this in the next patch I release soon.
I actually tried to do this, but then I crashed because it printed too much at the same time.

Was there anything useful logged before it crashed? Even just the string received from the tcp object would be enough and that shouldn't be long enough to cause a crash.

Was there anything useful logged before it crashed? Even just the string received from the tcp object would be enough and that shouldn't be long enough to cause a crash.
Sadly, I didn't think through it and didn't keep the log file.

I got an RTB-caused glitch yesterday that caused Blockland to freeze up, but I couldn't check my console for it because Blockland wouldn't close. I'm trying to replicate it, though.

It happens when .onLine XML tags don't have a leading >

For example, I tried:

RTBCC_Socket::onLine(7076, "<bo");

And got this:
Code: [Select]
   Entering RTBCC_Socket::onLine(7076, <bo)
      Entering XMLParser::bufferData(7077, <bo)

Then an infinite loop of just this:
Code: [Select]

getSubStr(...): error, starting position and desired length must be >= 0: ("<bo",1, -2)
         BackTrace: ->ConsoleEntry::eval->RTBCC_Socket::onLine->XMLParser::bufferData

I wasn't however, able to get this crash to happen like I normally do. Only when forcing it a line.

Yeah, I was pretty lazy with the parser so it always expects valid XML. The server should never send invalid XML so I don't know how this infinite loop is occurring, and the fact that it happens so irregularly is more concerning.

It usually happens right after
AUTHCHECK: name = LAN client -> internet server, auth with server ip

Which is strange... because I turned on the debug and the client doesn't receive any data at that time.

The only XML I got after that was someone leaving general discussion and a ping.

Could it be the game hiccuping and not sending full data? Maybe the next update could just check if there's invalid XML and if it finds any, it'd send an error report to you?