Author Topic: Diggy's Metropolis Server  (Read 287050 times)

hey guys, so I'll be getting a new host soon, and in the meantime I'm making a super awesome new map and i'll be updating the mod a bit more as well before the reopening! Hope to see everyone there.
you should definitely let me see the new city's progress when I get home from school tonight

Oh Cool, Who you got in mind for the host?

And by new city do you mean a WHOLE new or just part of the island map?

Did I really miss THAT  much?! o_O

-Carrot Or Cauliflower or whatever my name is

Is metropolis Public? Just askin bro..

I've never been to the server.

How do you guys execute having such a high brick count with massive areas? Are you just like Kalph does with his mini-city and just put up with the torrential lag?

EDIT; Jesus christ, surburb, how do you not lag.

This is amazing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 02:04:44 PM by Caution »

I became what? -.-

Apocalypse, Carrot's style
A must see movie of the year~! In theaters near you, and Canada

This is amazing.

Well it wasn't hard I even had all my graphics at max and full screen at 1680x1050 so really idk how I didn't lag.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:51:05 PM by suburb »

[quote author=Caution link=topic=83296.msg2884490#msg2884490 date=1286041382

This is amazing.

Well it wasn't hard I even had all my graphics at max and full screen at 1680x1050 so really idk how I didn't lag.
quote fail?

I live is the same region as Diggy, I think it may have helped, I usually have like 72 ping when I go there, And I don't notice most of the settings exept textures and particles, so most are on low.

And when someone other then diggy is hosting, I lower my Draw Distance, which everybody should do.

Also estimate of when the server will be up?

The server will be back up in a matter of months to years. New city. New script. New server.

When I played there was absolutely no open room to make a new place.
I "worked" for many hours, over a couple days, to get money to buy a lot, then, nothing was available.
If there isn't land available then it's kinda pointless.
I mean, raising demand raises value, theoretically, but 4000$ a week for a 16x16 room high up on an apartment is ridiculous considering we can go host are own servers.

Other than that, the builds are really nice.

Diggy manages to make his RP the most stressful. But yet at the same time it is addicting.

My and my friend practically LIVED at this server :P  I'm excited.

When I played there was absolutely no open room to make a new place.
I "worked" for many hours, over a couple days, to get money to buy a lot, then, nothing was available.
If there isn't land available then it's kinda pointless.
I mean, raising demand raises value, theoretically, but 4000$ a week for a 16x16 room high up on an apartment is ridiculous considering we can go host are own servers.

Other than that, the builds are really nice.
We can't really standardize the charge for rent imposed by other players, but that was the point of making admin builds: that we could sell them to players looking for a place to spawn/live.

On the other side of this are the people who get angry when we demo their builds and then the lot gets filled in by another needy player.  Basically, if you get a lot to build on, make the most of it.  We also had problems with players having way too many lots, but with the new server we can really start to enforce better regulations, since it's really hard to bring new rules into play when a city is already developed.

Also, guys, if you have any suggestions for the admins or the server rules in general, make them now.  As you've probably experienced, suggesting rule changes after everyone has become used to the old rules is pointless, because the new rules are usually ineffective for a period of time until everyone knows them.

I don't know about Swat, but I intend to stick around as S. Admin, Diggy permitting.

We can't really standardize the charge for rent imposed by other players, but that was the point of making admin builds: that we could sell them to players looking for a place to spawn/live.

On the other side of this are the people who get angry when we demo their builds and then the lot gets filled in by another needy player.  Basically, if you get a lot to build on, make the most of it.  We also had problems with players having way too many lots, but with the new server we can really start to enforce better regulations, since it's really hard to bring new rules into play when a city is already developed.

Also, guys, if you have any suggestions for the admins or the server rules in general, make them now.  As you've probably experienced, suggesting rule changes after everyone has become used to the old rules is pointless, because the new rules are usually ineffective for a period of time until everyone knows them.

I don't know about Swat, but I intend to stick around as S. Admin, Diggy permitting.

Yeah, good idea Nil about getting suggestion rules before we open the server. I am planning to help out/stay on the server. This time, we'll be more organized with the rules and such ounce we get the rules settled. Ounce we get all the rules all sorted out, I'll post them on this server topic.

Map Update
I have some very good news about this new map. This map will bring back old school stuff from the old metro and we will have some new buildings as well. The way how we designed it is very good. We will post screen shots ounce were almost done with the map. In the mean time, keep checking this topic for some fantastic updates!

Yes yes, fantastic. Yes. The new city will look great, I expect a lot from it. Good luck, Admin Crew.