Author Topic: Hi there, i'm new!  (Read 1641 times)

Hello there, I have been on blockland for over 4 months now and I am a great builder. I want to meet some people here on what "Not" to do. I have read the rules though I need to have some information on how to stay out of flame wars, get a good reputation, make a good avatar etc.. So hi everyone!

Hello,Welcome to the blockland forums.

I hope you enjoy your stay here,don't be a pain in the ass.

Welcome to the Blockland forums, I900

Here's a tip about avatars, to keep the transparency, resize it to 75x75 in pixels or lower with a program like Paint.net, GIMP, Photoshop, etc., to keep a .gif image's animation, it must also be resized to 75x75 or lower with a program, but if you don't care about the animation, transparency and/or the quality, you can choose an avatar that is a .jpg, .gif, or .png of any size and your avatar will be resized automatically and turned into a .jpg, but the quality gets ruined a bit

Ergh, curse you Fjeld :P

Edit: Try not to use the smileys in a stupid way, like
i'll giv u x44526635476666600000021 :cookie:s OH NO ITS A :cookieMonster:
gud jawb x50000 :nes::cookie::panda: s and whatevur dis iz :iceCream: lolololol!!!

As for the :cookieMonster: smiley, i only use it when i'm joking or whatever
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:56:25 PM by Masterlegodude »

Get in trouble ones and i will be hard to get back to normal.

Get in trouble ones
IT'S TIME TO END THIS ONES AND FOR ALL!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:02:27 PM by Masterlegodude »

Is making animating avatars possible on Paint.net?

Is making animating avatars possible on Paint.net?
No, sorry, Paint.net can't do animations, but it can do transparency

If the paint programs only do paint, then how do you make an animating avatar? I've actually saw alot of animating cookie monsters.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 01:32:12 PM by I900 »

Welcome to the forums, my good sir. I'm glad to see another smart poster, such as yourself. Here are a few tips to set you on your way:
  • Never use an emote more than once unless you establish you are joking. For example:  :cookieMonster: + :cookie: = :panda:
  • Always try to use proper grammar and spelling. If your posts make absolutely no sense, you're doing something wrong.
           Examples of bad grammar are:
                Talking Like This.
                takn liek dis
                u should never talk like this on a forum
                Horrible punctuation
                And anything else that is considered a complete eyesore.
  • Never make a joke about anything unless you make sure everyone knows you are joking. Sarcasm is very hard to detect over the internet.
  • If the forums are getting annoying, never, and I mean never, make a Drama topic about it. It will be taken as a leaving post and you will be permanently banned. Just leave until you calm down and everything will be all right.
  • Never post multiple times in a row unless it was an accident. There is an edit button, use it.
  • Enjoy your stay here at the cesspit known as Blockland Forums.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:23:22 PM by Doorman »

Welcome to the forums, my good sir. I'm glad to see another smart poster, such as yourself. Here are a few tips to set you on your way:
  • Never use an emote more than once unless you establish you are joking. For example:  :cookieMonster: + :cookie: = :panda:
  • Always try to use proper grammar and spelling. If your posts make absolutely no sense, you're doing something wrong.
  • Never make a joke about anything unless you make sure everyone knows you are joking. Sarcasm is very hard to detect over the internet.
  • If the forums are getting annoying, never, and I mean never, make a Drama topic about it. It will be taken as a leaving post and you will be permanently banned. Just leave until you calm down and everything will be all right.
  • Never post multiple times in a row unless it was an accident. There is an edit button, use it.
  • Enjoy your stay here at the cesspit known as Blockland Forums.

Thank you for that wonderful post Doorman!
 I've been browsing the Drama Thread and actually theres these two people that everyones hating there names are Max and Captain Sylvester. Did these guys disobey the rules or were they just being a pain?

Thank you for that wonderful post Doorman!
 I've been browsing the Drama Thread and actually theres these two people that everyones hating there names are Max and Captain Sylvester. Did these guys disobey the rules or were they just being a pain?

they're just pains.

bigger pains then everyone else anyway

they're just pains.

bigger pains then everyone else anyway

What is a drama? Fact, never-mind.
More avatars on there way!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:50:12 PM by I900 »

What is a drama?
A forum where people post about people who are misbehaving in Blockland or on here

A forum where people post about people who are misbehaving in Blockland or on here

Oh, I would hate to be on that. My friend and me are going to start a clan, is there anything I must know about making a clan? Do I have to become well known first?