Halo 3: ODST

Author Topic: Halo 3: ODST  (Read 18700 times)

Time for real discussion:
ODST is the new Halo 3 expansion, coming out Sept 22, 2009.

ODST's story starts just before New Mombasa got dominated. Your squad of ODST's are dropped, and are in mid-flight when the Covenant ship jumps into slipspace and destroys most of the city. You wake up 6 hours later, your entire team missing. You proceed to find objects, and piece together the story.

The games' combat system is pretty much the same as Halo 3, seeing as its on the same engine. Changes, however, include the fact that you're not a super-soldier (even though you can wield the chaingun, what the forget), a night vision mode, and new "tactical" weapons, such as the 5.5mm caseless SMG with supressor, and the new tactical semi-auto pistol, which has a zoom function.

"Are the flood in it?"
No.
The New Mombasa infection comes during the events of Halo 3, which is waaaaay into the future.

Enemies sport the typical Brute, Grunt, and Jackal. No Elites (You find dead elites, it can be assumed that they were pulled out before the glassing), but the Huragok (Engineers) are a new unit. They give their surrounding teammates overshields, so killing them is beneficial (and hard).

"I preordered, I get reach beta lol"
Hahahahaha. No. Everyone who owns ODST gets access to the Halo: Reach beta when it is released in 2010.

Newer to the engine is cinematic dialogue cutscenes much like CoD 4 or The Darkness (or any other game sporting this, duh).
Screenshots:

ODST's (From Halo 3).

From the earlier Live-action halo videos.

From the new trailer:

New wireframe/nightvision!

Only real men jump from spaceships in coffins.

The site:
http://www.bungie.net/Projects/whvidldshbyjsdo/default.aspx

Don't troll. If you don't like the game, don't ask stupid stuff like "lol whats so good about gaylo", just get out. If you think it's repetitive and over hyped, take a look at Prototype or Assassins Creed. You know what you're getting with a Halo game, it's not illegitimate bullstuff hype like Prototype. This will not be discussion on the hype or fanbase. Stop richarding around.
Proceed with discussion.

I, personally, am going to buy it. I'm not going apestuff over it, but it looks good. I especially like firefight, I mean really, it's all we've ever wanted, just mindless alien killing in multiplayer.

Update, sortof:
Forgot to mention that it comes with a SECOND DISK which contains only the Halo 3 multiplayer, including all map pack DLC, and THREE NEW MAPS!
Cool beans.

Release and Purchase update:
Fantastic game, the best weapon is the pistol. It may be weak, but goddamn. It sounds good, it's fun to use, and shooting grunts from far away has never been so much fun. What it lacks in damage it makes up for in those moments you kill something with it. The campaign is pretty good, and has some pretty decent replayability, especially seeing as there's free roam for the most part, tons of easter eggs, and some collection achievements.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:21:38 PM by yuki »

Looks awesome

Too bad I don't have a Xbox 360 :(

Also might want to scale those images down using this:
Code: [Select]
[img width=X height=X][/img]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:23:40 PM by zackin5 »

Looks awesome

Too bad I don't have a Xbox 360 :(

Also might want to scale those images down using this:
Code: [Select]
[img width=X height=X][/img]
Thank you, fixed it.

One last thing.  to fix the aspect ratio the video shots need to be 800x451 and wallpapers 800x450

So, after Microsoft ruined Halo with the third installment i swore to myself to not play again the newest Halos, and now, watching the live action trailer i wanted to play it ._.

I really want it (i have no xbox360 my brother does) so i showed my brother the pictures and we were amazed
by the definition and the reality from the pictures...
in other words....BRAVO!!

finally, a halo game without the Chief  :D

Eh. To tell you the truth I don't see anything new here. Looks like another generic halo themed shooter. Nothing to be excited about.

Eh. To tell you the truth I don't see anything new here. Looks like another generic halo themed shooter. Nothing to be excited about.

tl;dr?

You are probably the most boring person in the world.

Hey, just because I don't see anything too promising in a game doesn't mean I'm boring.

My comment may be proven wrong when I get to play the game.

Hey, just because I don't see anything too promising in a game doesn't mean I'm boring.

My comment may be proven wrong when I get to play the game.
Then only comment when you are sure. ¬¬

Eh, the only fps that I can play is UT3. Most fps games just follow the same formula and add nothing new to the scene other than just another old generic story and maybe some impressive graphics. I assume that this game is going to be on the same lines as I just stated. I hope it proves me wrong :P

Eh, the only fps that I can play is UT3. Most fps games just follow the same formula and add nothing new to the scene other than just another old generic story and maybe some impressive graphics. I assume that this game is going to be on the same lines as I just stated. I hope it proves me wrong :P
And why is UT3 the only game you can play?