Author Topic: Menen's Thread of Art  (Read 7714 times)

I dont feel like drawing... TheWorm says my drawings are crap because they look like they were drawn in 2 minutes.
I don't understand how you don't see it yourself. Your line work is extremely messy and while your ideas might be original your art just looks like every other guy-who-has-gotten-a-hold-of-Flash's. If you're going to use Flash for your art you could at least separate yourself from that crowed, it's not exactly one you should be proud to be in. I thought MrCookie's art looked the same way until he started making it look more like just round brushes, instead of that characteristic auto-smoothing Flash stuff. It's the difference between Arial and Comic Sans. EDIT: To be clear I don't mean you should be using round brushes from now on or something, just that you should stay away from that auto-smoothing Flash look.
wait, They look like crap Because they where drawn in 2 minutes orthey look like as if they where drawn in 2 minutes?
Those weren't my exact words, but the closest thing to what had said originally is the latter.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:42:29 PM by TheWorm »

Can messy lines not be my own style?

MrCookie told me what you said. I think it was him. :o I cant remember

Worm, he's just doing this for fun, he's not scribbling.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 07:11:20 PM by Lil Robot »

Worm, what was the point of that wall of text?
He's just doing this for fun, he's not scribbling.
. . .?
He brought me into this. As for calling seven sentences a wall of text, I just don't know what to say to that.

. . .?
He brought me into this. As for calling seven sentences a wall of text, I just don't know what to say to that.
I guess your right. For the wall of text.

Rawr dragon :D wait.....

Ace

Jesus christ, Worm, back the forget up. It's just loving art. He can draw however he damn well pleases, and who cares if it doesn't fit your standards of drawing? If it's bothering you that much, you shouldn't be posting in this thread. It's creative, and that's all that matters.

Jesus christ, Worm, back the forget up. It's just loving art. He can draw however he damn well pleases, and who cares if it doesn't fit your standards of drawing? If it's bothering you that much, you shouldn't be posting in this thread. It's creative, and that's all that matters.

Worm wants everything to be either loving perfect or not at all.

Wow nice I like the cartoon feel :D

Worm wants everything to be either loving perfect or not at all.
I resent that. I just think people should try. If I came off as harsh in that post then I apologize. I simply meant to express that the way you're doing things kind of lumps you into a certain group, I'm not saying you should completely change everything, in fact all I really commented on was your line work. And sure, your lines could be messy if you wanted, but there's a difference between charmingly messy and seemingly unintentionally messy.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:57:40 PM by TheWorm »

I resent that. I just think people should try. If I came off as harsh in that post then I apologize. I simply meant to express that the way you're doing things kind of lumps you into a certain group, I'm not saying you should completely change everything, in fact all I really commented on was your line work. And sure, your lines could be messy if you wanted, but there's a difference between charmingly messy and seemingly unintentionally messy.

So, Im not allowed to draw for fun? I always have to have a goal and try my best when i just feel like doodling on the canvas and posting it on the forums, where everyone seems to like my doodles?

I have to have a REASON for drawing? Did It occur to you that some masterpieces were never ment to be? That some sculptures and statues were mistakes or just the artist getting bored? Did you ever think about the fact that people can draw whatever they feel like they want to draw? I dont need a reason to draw. If you ask for one then ill just say, " Because I want to."

I need no reason that I did anything here. I get inspiration by drawing random lines on the canvas, then when I get one that I approve of, I go from there. Either that or i look at photos.

Now THIS is creativity. Very colorful debate :D

Now THIS is creativity. Very colorful debate :D

Thank you, Sir.

So, Im not allowed to draw for fun? I always have to have a goal and try my best when i just feel like doodling on the canvas and posting it on the forums, where everyone seems to like my doodles?

I have to have a REASON for drawing? Did It occur to you that some masterpieces were never ment to be? That some sculptures and statues were mistakes or just the artist getting bored? Did you ever think about the fact that people can draw whatever they feel like they want to draw? I dont need a reason to draw. If you ask for one then ill just say, " Because I want to."

I need no reason that I did anything here. I get inspiration by drawing random lines on the canvas, then when I get one that I approve of, I go from there. Either that or i look at photos.
Where did I imply you needed a reason to draw?

Where did I imply you needed a reason to draw?

Honestly, I dont know. The thought worked its way into my brain.