Author Topic: Bot Events (v1.1)  (Read 24861 times)

Needs maor bot behavior

Like, friendly, enemy, neutral?

What if you could set a bot attack radius... where if a Player enters it they are attacked, and if they leave it they are not?
Good idea.
Hey Amade, could you edit scale xyz to work with bots?
If it doesn't already it was made badly.
Wouldn't it be better, rather than typing each node and decal in, to choose from a drop down list, like when you choose a projectile to spawn?
That's the way it was originally but due to the way the event system works, only the host would be able to see the entire list of nodes and be able to set the color.
Needs maor bot behavior

Like, friendly, enemy, neutral?
Event it.

Good idea.

Thank you, I really need this for an rpg, all rpgs do.

Otherwise, it would take a crapload of events.

Now that you have acknowledge the idea, What if we had 2 radius's, one for the attack, and one for how far the player needs to go before the bot leaves them alone.

I haven't even touched this for two days because I've been working on a few other things and r7 is, as far as I can see, bug free, but I'll be working on this sometime later today.

Testing server for R8 is running, if anyone would like to bug test or preview the new changes.

Bots can't do damage :o

May I please be a tester
if yes,PM me

May I please be a tester
if yes,PM me
You can test it by downloading and using it.

Hooo, crap. When you try to change the datablock to standard player, it uses all the nodes, and paints them black. Ick.

Hooo, crap. When you try to change the datablock to standard player, it uses all the nodes, and paints them black. Ick.
The standard bot is literally an exact copy of the standard player with two variables changed. Just use it.

I have an idea, (well, its not an original idea) for a stat mod. I am only suggesting it here so that it could possibly work with these bots.

Well, what if the player had four variable (or the bot did), they would be Damage, DamBonus, Defence, DefenceBonus.

And with this mod, everytime a someone hits someone else, it does this:

Say they have a sword that does 25 damage,

that multiplies 25 by the Damage variable, say that is 1.5.
So after that happens, it does 37.5 damage.

Well when the receiver gets hit, it takes their Defense variable, lets say its 2, and divides the damage by the defense variable.
so 37.5 divided by 2 would be 18.75.  so the Receiver takes 18.75 damage.

If you think about it, this would be basically like saying that Damage is the percent of damage you do, so, 1.5 would be 150% damage.

And  the Defense would be like how much HP you have (or a percent, but it just so happens that in blockland you have 100 hp).
so 2.0 = 200 hp.

tl;dr: Read it, its a way to get around datablocks.

This actually isn't my Idea, I basically had this mod before but I deleted it somehow, and its creator quit (NiXiLL).

I would really like to see it again, and it looks like Amade is doing a pretty good job of taking suggestions in this topic :P.

Is it possible to put the 'ALL' option back in? Sorry if it's already been stated that it can/can't.