Author Topic: REQUEST: Flame thrower projectile  (Read 1277 times)

I've been really wanting a flame thrower projectile for a long time. I remember it in the old homing projectiles event. I was really cool. I want to use it for my next version of Zombies in the Knazone||. In the old version, I had a flame thrower turret. I've got a picture of it here:

I would greatly appreciate it if this could be done again and I'm sure others would, too.

I strongly agree with that!

Giving it an effect like Ephialtes' flamethrower or the Spray Can would be hard because that's based off an emitter on the gun rather than the projectile itself, which is invisible. You could try using toggle-events and relays for a four-directional turret on a timer or something.

Something similar to the Destructo Wand flame (which is what I used for the v8 fire projectile) might work but wouldn't look as good.

Could you please do it anyway? I'd love it oh-so-much ;D

The way they worked involved schedules. Apperently that's bad, though the game itself is already filled with them.

But... Can't you just release some of the projectiles (like for the flamethrower)?
Some of them were very nice Chrono..

I found a pretty cool way to make the effect, but I'm currently using Ephialtes' emitters and burn effects so I don't know what to do with it. The emitter goes in the same direction you spawn the projectile, works awesomely with spawnHomingProjectile for fire turrets.

I found a pretty cool way to make the effect, but I'm currently using Ephialtes' emitters and burn effects so I don't know what to do with it. The emitter goes in the same direction you spawn the projectile, works awesomely with spawnHomingProjectile for fire turrets.
-snip-
Heavy pic is heavy...
But awesome!
Though it doesn't look that much like the flame projectile of Chrono...
Can't we just use the projectile of his locked-on projectile pack to make a flamethrower projectile?

Heavy pic is heavy...
But awesome!
Though it doesn't look that much like the flame projectile of Chrono...
Can't we just use the projectile of his locked-on projectile pack to make a flamethrower projectile?
Yes, you can. Port it yourself.

Yes, you can. Port it yourself.
Yeah, okay i'll do.
But that flamethrower projectile of yours looks fine too, don't think i don't like it. ;)

EDIT:
Just noticed i don't have it, and we can't download it... D:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:28:09 PM by lordician »

I'm certain if you got into the flame-thrower's script and removed some "//" here and there it might add it to the list. I'm not too sure about this, though. Scared of hacking up the script and causing some syntax errors.

But... Can't you just release some of the projectiles (like for the flamethrower)?
Some of them were very nice Chrono..
You'll have to do it yourself.
I don't release failed stuff, even if it's my own.

I'm certain if you got into the flame-thrower's script and removed some "//" here and there it might add it to the list. I'm not too sure about this, though. Scared of hacking up the script and causing some syntax errors.
Ephialtes' normal Flamethrower projectile doesn't actually have that emitter, the emitter is attached to the weapon. If you give the flamethrower projectile a uiName it'll show up in the menu and work but not have the effect mine does.

Getting a projectile trail emitter to simulate the current flamethrower-mounted emitter would be pretty damn hard unless you don't mind your particles going through walls and things, which I'm sure everyone does mind.

Yeah, this one currently goes through walls but it's hardly noticeable if you make the build right. It's better than being limited to the up/down/compass directions, anyway. (which still go through walls)