Author Topic: [FIXED] Blockland v13 now runs on Snow Leopard (Mac OSX 10.6)  (Read 14374 times)

Yup its working now, and none of the others were.

looks like it stays in demo-mode though
Goes to full mode for me.

Thank you badspot and thank you god now i can attempt to host with my mac side instead of that stuffty windows that was forced upon me to play the game

Thank you badspot and thank you god now i can attempt to host with my mac side instead of that stuffty windows that was forced upon me to play the game

Though I do love macs I must state that windows blockland is much more stable for hosting.

Good news:
   Yay, it works! Thanks badspot!

Bad news:
   I just downgraded my dedi BL hosting comp to normal leopard. (LOL?)
Give it a try and post your results.
I guess I won't lock the topic just yet then, in case it still doesn't work for somebody.

Tom

Though I do love macs I must state that windows blockland is much more stable for hosting.
I agree, but when I want to host a dedicated all day I'm forced to use windows.

Whoops, I meant to edit the first post in this thread, not post a new one, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:28:12 PM by BobAndRob »

Resurrecting this thread to post a similar issue:

My girlfriend's Mac uses OS version 10.4.11, and she has tried running both the versions from the main download page and the ones created within this thread. All have failed starting up, the program will immediately crash upon opening without any error messages.

I'm not much of a Mac person, so I can't really tell what the problem is; either it's Blockland or it's her Mac, but v12 worked without any issues in the past. I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice that can be offered. Thanks!

Does it create a console log? Or does it crash before it even makes one?

Badspot

• Administrator
Resurrecting this thread to post a similar issue:

My girlfriend's Mac uses OS version 10.4.11, and she has tried running both the versions from the main download page and the ones created within this thread. All have failed starting up, the program will immediately crash upon opening without any error messages.

I'm not much of a Mac person, so I can't really tell what the problem is; either it's Blockland or it's her Mac, but v12 worked without any issues in the past. I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice that can be offered. Thanks!

Upgrade to 10.5 or 10.6.  I know it sucks but you signed on for this bullstuff when you bought a macintosh.   

Lovely weather today, I can tell that macs still broken. Pity.

I am a PC.

Upgrade to 10.5 or 10.6.  I know it sucks but you signed on for this bullstuff when you bought a macintosh.   

I figured that may be what the case is. She doesn't really want to upgrate to Leopard yet, mostly from upgrading costs and personal preference... which I'm not sure is the best case for Mac, I figured it's similar to my XP > Vista preference.

I appreciate all the hard work you've done already, Badspot... so she and I are just going to sit on our hands until hopefully the fix is implemented in v14. We're pretty busy with school work until mid-December anyways, so maybe we'll work something out with another Windows PC in the meantime. :)

Does it create a console log? Or does it crash before it even makes one?

All I saw that happened is that the Blockland icon appears in the little Mac's task bar for a second and then disappears.