Author Topic: Grumpy's Algebraic therory  (Read 8055 times)

It's an absence of value. Much like black really isn't a color but the total absence of all color. Technically the only reason 0 exists is for binary computer programing.

So you're agreeing with me?
 :cookieMonster:

So you're agreeing with me?
 :cookieMonster:
It is an integer, but it doesn't contain a value, so it is considered neutral. The neutrality is the lack of value, so technically I was agreeing with you.

Technically the only reason 0 exists is for binary computer programing.
lol?

I'm pretty sure 0 was around before computers.

lol?

I'm pretty sure 0 was around before computers.
Oh it was, but not as we traditionally know it. The chinese were the first to use it sometime in the 9th centurey at least as the symbol we know it as. Without the 0 computers would pretty much be useless. Or so it's said, but I'm sure one can use a capital o and have the same effect. *shrugs*

Oh it was, but not as we traditionally know it. The chinese were the first to use it sometime in the 9th centurey at least as the symbol we know it as. Without the 0 computers would pretty much be useless. Or so it's said, but I'm sure one can use a capital o and have the same effect. *shrugs*

We traditionally view 0 as a number without value, not the binary value for "no".

0 is neither positive nor negative because it is a the middle of the number line!

0 means low energy
1 means high energy

zero is not a natural number but it is a whole number

0 is neither positive nor negative because it is a the middle of the number line!

0 means low energy
1 means high energy

Thank you, captain.

We traditionally view 0 as a number without value, not the binary value for "no".
Which I stated in a post above my last one.

Which I stated in a post above my last one.

Modern mathematics existed before the (electric) computer.

Not calculus, more like algebra 2 material.
Actually, it's not even true, the equation would go as follows
a=b
a^2=ab, or b^2
a^2-b^2=ab(or a^2)-b2
0=0

So, blah
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:58:23 PM by Olinaj »

Modern mathematics existed before the (electric) computer.
It really depends, electricity has been around since the Pharaohs. Granted, they didn't know what they were doing with it probably, but it was still there. Could be feasible that some sort of basic computer was run on a rudimentary electrical source. We just haven't found evidence to prove it totally true....yet :)

It really depends, electricity has been around since the Pharaohs. Granted, they didn't know what they were doing with it probably, but it was still there. Could be feasible that some sort of basic computer was run on a rudimentary electrical source. We just haven't found evidence to prove it totally true....yet :)

your a loving idiot arn't you
its like your totally talking out of your ass
he explained how binary was and then you go all "ELECTRICITY HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE THE PHAROAHS"
and "MAYBE THEY HAD A COMPUTER WE HAVN'T DISCOVERED YET"
Stop loving trying to cover your ass, your wrong.

What kind of logic is this?

Then again, you believe in a deity solely on faith.