Author Topic: RTB 2 - broken  (Read 1072 times)

So, uh, will the RTB archive be back?

I gave atleast 4 months notice that the RTB2 system would be closed down permanently and all files would be cleared

It is your problem. You are hosting a site where people upload files for other people to download and you need to realize that deleting everything will break a ton of stuff no matter how much notice you give.

Too bad. I'm not going to waste ~2GB of space on our webserver to hold a bunch of broken unapproved add-ons, most of which don't even work in v13. People had 4 months notice to move them to our new hosting service, they didn't. Now they have to deal with that. I won't be talking further on this since I know from experience that you guys can find anything to complain about.

Well, in RTB3, there is still a manager for rtb2 addons that you already have. Thats the upside. The downside is you cant get anymore rtb2 ones.

Go look on rtb 3 forums

I tried downloading RTB 3, but it continued to be RTB 2.  What is even more annoying is that, despite several attempts to get RTB 3 and failing I keep getting a message to get RTB 3 from the site, which I do, it remains as version 2 and gives me the message again.
It is really annoying...  Does it have anything to do with the fact I am on a mac?

Yeah, I suspect it would be a mac problem. The auto-updater fails to overwrite the System_ReturnToBlockland.zip due to some weird mac issues, so you'll need to download it direct from our website and install it manually. I'm going to add better handling for mac users so instead of showing the update page it'll just give you a link to download RTB from our website.

I like the RTB3 system.
It filters out the add-ons of lower quality.