Author Topic: When will Windows 7 be fully released to public?  (Read 3662 times)

I am using a trail as I post this!

W7 comes out on Kre's burfdai :D

Bit of a backquote, but go die.

Windows 7 is overhyped. It's a bit of an improvement, but it's not as superior to Vista as you people think.
How so?

I'm just going to stick with my good ol' Vista.

;P

You sir, are a jackass.

How so?

Vista is a fine operating system that I have not had any problems with. To my knowledge, I don't need / can get with third party software all of the new features.

If my dad says its okay, I'm getting it. Four pages already? I haven't replied in a while

Pfft. I already have my copy. MSDN Academic Alliance. Yay free Windows 7 Pro

7 has the same kernel base as vista but is patched so that it does not fail as bad as vista did when it first launched.
Also Automatic Updates download drivers for everything on your computer that is digitally signed.

So W7 is like.... the updated vista? =\

Wordpad and Paint both use the ribbon from office now, paint is actually pretty awesome now and wordpad can open docx files from microsoft office and odt files from openoffice and other programs. The calculator does unit conversions and stores your equation history.

It's got a better backup system, more efficient use of multi-core processors and some fancy new power saving technology that greatly reduces power consumption if you're one of those people who leaves their computer on all day.

Stuff is stacked in the taskbar and there's a quick preview window. You can right click on your browser button in the taskbar, and depending on your browser, it will give you the option to visit recently closed tabs, book marks, your most frequently viewed pages, etc.

Documents are organized in libraries. It's a good system.

If these are features you might want then you should consider upgrading. Eventually DirectX1337 will come out and you won't be able to enjoy the dynamic water splashing effects or whatever they add to it because DirectX1337 will only run in Windows 7. If you have a valid .edu email address (or your parent/neighbor/friend) and Windows Vista you might as well upgrade now anyway since it's only $30.

The Window's commercials annoy the stuff out of me.
"I'm a 5 year old and I use a computer."

Pfft. I already have my copy. MSDN Academic Alliance. Yay free Windows 7 Pro
God damn I'm tired of saying this.
The copy you get on MSDN is the RTM release, build 7600, NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT.

God damn I'm tired of saying this.
The copy you get on MSDN is the RTM release, build 7600, NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT.

Yet its still free and I get it

If these are features you might want then you should consider upgrading. Eventually DirectX1337 will come out and you won't be able to enjoy the dynamic water splashing effects or whatever they add to it because DirectX1337 will only run in Windows 7. If you have a valid .edu email address (or your parent/neighbor/friend) and Windows Vista you might as well upgrade now anyway since it's only $30.
Actually, DirectX1337 will run in Vista, but not XP, much like 10