Author Topic: How do I use a DVR to record a movie on TV but not having to change...  (Read 1041 times)

Change the channel to the movie while recording?

mine is given to me from mediacom.

i can watch/record up to 2 things at once. if a 3rd thing scheduled to record begins or i wanna watch a 3rd channel while 2 recordings are already going on;
it forces me to pick and choose what 2 things i need most.

it should be a normal feature to record one thing while watching another, thats half the point of DVR's

Your DVR needs to have 2 inputs on the back in order for it to record 2 shows at once.

mine only uses a single component cable out from the dvr

Directv, but that is stuff.
COX communications, if it is available.

Get a better DVR? :P

Ours does pretty much the same thing as Bisjacs.

I can record Tosh.0 fine without watching it but movies I have to watch to record.

mine is given to me from mediacom.

i can watch/record up to 2 things at once. if a 3rd thing scheduled to record begins or i wanna watch a 3rd channel while 2 recordings are already going on;
it forces me to pick and choose what 2 things i need most.

it should be a normal feature to record one thing while watching another, thats half the point of DVR's
I have Time Warner and this is the case with me as well.

Do you have other things recording during the movie?

Anyone know why a thing pops up and asks if I wanna change channel to movie to record or not change channel and cancel recording? Its like I either watch it and record it and watch it later for no reason or not watch it and not be able to watch it later.

Might be helpfull if you tell us who the hell made the dvr and the model number