Author Topic: Grappling Hook Code  (Read 2675 times)

Hello. I've been trying to incorperate the grappling hook code as found here: http://www.garagegames.com/mg/forums/result.thread.php?qt=19947

Into TSE.

It was very easy to do, but it seems as if player movements are extremely buggy. Is there a more up to date version of this in Age of Time? And if so, could we see whats new/different?

Thanks,

Matt

you've never played AOT have you?
Badspot IS eric hartman

Actually, Im a long time Age of Time player. And yes, I do know Badspot is Eric Hartman. Thats why I posted here :P

Take the code from V3 if you can find it....

Umm..no. This is C++, not Torque Script. And even V3 is dso'ed

ohhh TSE not TGE my bad, nit sure what TSE IS but ok... uhm... IDK

maybe you could PM him?

Blockhead...

You know, I have been around for a while. I just left for months because of certain community members. That's a whole other arguement though :)

Then get an ISP E-Mail...

Badspot

• Administrator
AoT is using a more up to date version of the grappling hook.  But no, you can't see it.  It's a gameplay feature that makes AoT stand out, so I don't want to see it in every torque project out there. 

Thank you for your time.

AoT is using a more up to date version of the grappling hook.  But no, you can't see it.  It's a gameplay feature that makes AoT stand out, so I don't want to see it in every torque project out there. 
and also the fact that the game doesnt suck makes it stand out also

It's a great game. The only problem I'm experiencing with the code is that I can't move in certain directions. Very odd indeed. Ah well. I was only using it for a very specific purpose. (Whenever you fall you're given 1 second to grab onto a wall. Grabbing was being done with the hook code)