Author Topic: Red Faction: Guerilla  (Read 1144 times)

I really like this game. My brother's friend has it but I never have gotten to play it. The best part is that you can blow up EVERYTHING.

You can't blow up the landscape  :cookieMonster:

in the demo all i did was destroy things with the hammer

It is awesome when it works.

You can't blow up the landscape  :cookieMonster:
Fine.

Edit: you can blow up mostly anything.

in the demo all i did was destroy things with the hammer
Yeah that's awesome. In the demo i put the explosives on the bottom of a bridge and blew it. IT was awesome!

Is this game a good port unlike Saints Row 2?
Can I run it with my laptop?(Most settings can be low, idc about graphics.)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200
4GB RAM(3GB available)
AMD Athlon X2 64 QL-62 2.0GHz

Can I run it with my laptop?(Most settings can be low, idc about graphics.)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200
4GB RAM(3GB available)
AMD Athlon X2 64 QL-62 2.0GHz
Like SR2 it depends. some people say it runs better then SR2. while others (me) crash at the menu.
It seems very processor-dependent. EG. if you have a poor processor it'll crash like forget.

Saint's Row 2 ran at 20 FPS at low settings for me, Red Faction: Guerilla ran at 50 FPS on high settings, and 10-30 when blowing stuff up.

RF:G still uses stuffty Games For Windows Live, which causes me to crash when I try to log into my online account.

Like SR2 it depends. some people say it runs better then SR2. while others (me) crash at the menu.
It seems very processor-dependent. EG. if you have a poor processor it'll crash like forget.

Well, laptop processors aren't that powerful, so I'll probably wait until this game is really cheap.

It's sad that Volition just can't get their act straight with the PC platform anymore. How they could possibly think that such poor port jobs are an acceptable product is beyond me.

I'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess that the game is unplayable in vehicles...

It's sad that Volition just can't get their act straight with the PC platform anymore. How they could possibly think that such poor port jobs are an acceptable product is beyond me.

I'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess that the game is unplayable in vehicles...
The handling takes some getting used to but once you do they are very drivable.

Runs on full settings @ 30fps

GTX 295
i7 920 @ 2,70ghz
12gb ram
1920x1080

I didn't even know it was on computer. Thought it was only on xbox 360 and playstation 3.

Oh snap.
My laptop can run this. I might buy it if I find some spare cash.