Author Topic: Lego Universe, more revealed!  (Read 3732 times)

Whoa I forgot about this game. It comes out 2010 right?

Phhh, I can already tell it will suck, it has one of those websites that takes forever to load and when it finally loads you're all disappointed because the whole thing is just one big picture and like two links to pages just like the one that you're on.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:23:37 PM by Gamefandan »

indeed so, according to the FAQ

I thought it would be a watered down mmo building game with an over-the-top chat filter
But after seeing that it'll have cool fighting stuff (that hopefully won't be the same as lego star wars/indiana jones/batman games), I'm looking forward to this game somewhat :o

If you watch one of the videos detailing the development studio you can see some of their mapping work on the screens, it looks pretty cool actually.

This looks like a game that's going to be monthly, little kids, bad gameplay/leveling system, etc. It's either going to end up crappy or something decent.

I thought it would be a watered down mmo building game with an over-the-top chat filter
But after seeing that it'll have cool fighting stuff (that hopefully won't be the same as lego star wars/indiana jones/batman games), I'm looking forward to this game somewhat :o
This ^

I just wish they would give more then two forgets about explaining how the gameplay works in clear detail, a video would solve this :(

This is going to be so loving stupid. I didn't read anything about building, so it really just sounds like they are using the Lego Starwars style of gameplay and making it online. Also, the only video that looks like it would actually tell you anything about the actual game is some "concept animation" that was probably just a few people having fun with Blender or something. I really doubt that there will be any kind of free online building mode, and if there is than you have to build premade things or you have to have some kind of approval process. This is going downhill really fast.

lijk456 Posted 18 Hours And 5 Minutes ago
I can't wait either

can't it come out sooner

lold. Because they obviously can speed up the developing.

Seems ok. Not great mind you. Not bad either.

Badspot is still beating Lego at their own game.

It's basically Lego Star Wars but MMO and with integrated Digital Designer.

Apparently, I'm the only one willing to give it a chance. I'll give it a larger chance if they get rid of the OD specular.

And DAMN that story is old.