Author Topic: Christmas Tdm tournament.  (Read 853 times)

One day I had an idea to have a contest of some sort and I would think this would be the most fitting.

Christmas TDM
The idea in this is that we would have 8 teams all teams of four. You would get to make your team and come up with a name.
-Team 1-  -Team 2-  -Team 3-  -Team 4-  -Team 5-  -Team 6-  -Team 7-  -Team 8-
-open      -open       -open       -open       -open       -open       -open       -open
-open      -open       -open       -open       -open       -open       -open       -open

We also need some maps I haven't quite figured out how I would do this but I am thinking people can nominate maps for use. I am thinking we only need about three. I will look at the maps and see how balanced and how good they look and will take the best ones

Maps
-open
-open
-open

These maps can be meant for Ctf, or any type of tdm (you set the rules)

As soon as I get the teams full I will randomly select who goes against who and also randomly select the map.

You may have the deathmatch at any time as long as one of the hosters (I need some of them too :3) Is present (The hoster can be on a team if he wishes.) For me  to say one team won I need the hoster and at least one person from each team to pm me and tell me the winning team. I will then give each team wins or loses accordingly. Hosters if you are hosting each game goes for 5 rounds first to three wins.

All in all I hope this goes well. You can start deathmatching as soon as I get 3 maps to use and have the teams filled. Happy Tdming!

The whole team thing sounds a bit difficult. Can we really coordinate 40 people?
Maybe a smaller group of DMers (as opposed to TDMers) could compete at a given time for a couple rounds?

It will be only 8 people at a server. (Or nine depending on if the host is on one of the teams)
You have until christmas day to get through the tournament. (I would hope you would be able to coordinate that. Maybe if not I can work something out such as being able to play with only 3 members or such but for now you have to have everyone. Rtb helps :3)

Edit:I probably should add this. If your thinking about making a tdm for this project. I would recommend only using these weapons so that most people have them.
-Any of ladios' Laser weapons
-Marcems Assault rifle
-Thegeeks Chainsaw
-Kajes Db shotgun
-Ephialtes Shotgun
-Thegeeks He grenade
-Solar flares revolver
-Kajes sniper
-Tf2 Butterfly knife
-Tf2 Basic Melee
-Time bomb
-Anything default

I would also prefer is drop item on death is on if you are hosting.

If you have any other suggestions please notify me of them and I will check them out.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 09:24:06 AM by Angear »

I've got some TDMs if you want to use them.

Builds. preferably for slate.

Builds. preferably for slate.
Pretty much all of mine are slate.

I've got the hover trains thing for slate moving grounds, that CTF I just built, and some other crap that isn't as good but I'm going to work on a siege.

I would prefer them to be symetrical and have something that makes them stick out. I am actually working on making one of my zombie builds a tdm.

Both of those are symmetrical.
Falling off the trains means sudden death.

I would suggest you make a steam group or something to make life a lot easier with co-ordinating everyone etc.
you can use the announcement feature to great advantage.