Poll

did you comment on this project?

Yes.
No.

Author Topic: [BL RPG] Another Awakening [Official Thread]  (Read 18693 times)

STATUS: Halted (due to school work and other personal assignments)

Creator: Myuto, Sub Creator: DarkArcher,

Another Awakening...
An Rpg like nothing else surpassing the limits of Blockland to deliver a game, far beyond what is expected. Built with automatic systems, complex story lines and interactive interfaces,  we give you a BL RPG that surpasses all of them.

Welcome to a BL RPG, that makes you feel you had Another Awakening.

Finished What is finished.
MENU System V.9
Weather System V.3
Save/load system Now Server side database S/L System! [SSDS]
Server protection System V.1
Summoning system V.1
Reporting System [Installed]
Vote Kick Player [Installed]
Vote Kick Admin [Installed]
TDM gamemode [Installed]
Pet system [Installed]

Constructing What is being worked on.
V.4 Weather System

Menu System V.10
Server Protection System V.2
Guild creating system V.1
Party Creating V.1
Dungeon System V.1
Tailoring System V.1
Hunger level V.1
Leveling System [Unpack] V.1
Story Line System V.1
Secret story line V.1[/fo

Brick Count
Total (Estimation) 125k

Chapter One: Mysteries
You wake up in a sea of clouds with no memory of what happened before, a voice calls out to you, and tells you where you are, you find out that you are in fact dead and you have been given a second chance to have your life restored but with no memory, you except and awake in a strange land, clueless of where you are and why your there; This is the whole purpose of chapter one, deciding who you really are and your life behind your death.

Recommendation Section
Overuse of total amount of bricks - [Solved]
Overuse of Rounds - [Repair in progress]
Poor building style - [Repair in progress]
Tree recoloring - [excused]

Volunteer Section

Constructing:
Building Style section (StarHawk) (Your name here)
Terra Forming Section (Your name here)
Dungeon Creation (Your name here)

Programing:
Variable Guru
a) Shop system (Money management, buy buy buy) (Your name here)
b) Menu System (Opening menu, passwords, etc) (Your name here)
c) Housing system (Buy a house, live in it) (Your name here)
d) Story line Programmer (Your name here)

UPDATE - 10 26 09

Weather system is now fully automatic and will randomly pick weather patterns and send weather status to all players on the server. Pattern such as:

Night [Default]

On random:

1) Cloudy>Rainy>Cloudy> Default

2) Heavy Clouds> Heavy clouds with sound of thunder [in a distance]> Heavy clouds w/lightning> Heavy clouds w/thunder music> Sunny with passing clouds [birds can be heard]>
Sunny

3) Foggy>Deep fog> (Only in Empire castle zombies will be released, castle gates will be closed)> deep fog > Foggy (All zombies will be killed)> Sunny or Night

And much more!

New Region is also under construction: Sky Castle Region
Description

Once players advance in strength and in the story line, they will be able to break through the seal to reveal the long lost city which was lost due to the collapse of the eastern passage on a large earth quake, this city now released and open to the world will now be open to players to buy advanced weapons and even armor and much more.
  But this large beautiful empire has a dark gruesome past that will haunt the land forever...
...Was it really a good idea to open the seal?

Pictures will be up of this new region, and the Beta version of Another Awakening will be open, unsure when, but it will be open soon.

Poll Update:
Poll one has finished and the results are in! It looks like all of you have voted on making new quests. I will start to work on this and tell you when its been completed!
Poll two has finished and the results are in! It looks like what you guys want is for me to host this on a server. I will work on this and post it when its going to be up. But its probably not going to be up until this weekend.
Poll three is done and the results are in! ( I sound repetitive don't I :D) It looks like what you guys want is the buildings to be altered. I will have Dark Archer to work on this an he'll change the post when hes done.

UPDATE - 11 15 09

After multiple tries, we still are not able to correctly fix the Brick situation, therefore a regions has been simplified or replaced: Castle Region. We are trying our best to fix this ongoing problem of the brick limitations and lag produced by such. Plans such as separating the game into parts such as chapters is being discussed. If this is put into action, a password system will be constructed to move to the next chapter on the server.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Comments? We are welcome to all advice that is available.

Anyways, for the following updates that we have just added:

1) Weather system V3
2) Castle region reconstruction (Simplify)
3) Save from Server (map stealing) Security procedures underway
4) Sky castle region under construction
5) Sky Castle dungeon construction

Map Progress:

Beginner R - 60% (Eventing needed) (Dungeon Construction)
Castle R - 50% (Eventing Needed) (Dungeon Construction) (Building Finishing)
Sky Castle R - 10% (Terra forming) (Building construct)

NOTICE- 11 16 09

We have finnaly put up the introduction to the game, with a few more eye catching goodies.

The following interactive systems have been finished and are ready to go, here is the list, OR see top.

Finished What is finished.
MENU System V.9
Weather System V.3
Save/load system V.1
Server protection System V.1
Summoning system V.1
Reporting System [Installed]
Vote Kick Player [Installed]
Vote Kick Admin [Installed]
TDM gamemode [Installed]
Pet system [Installed]

Constructing What is being worked on.
V.4 Weather System
Save/Load System V.4
Menu System V.10
Server Protection System V.2
Guild creating system V.1
Party Creating V.1
Dungeon System V.1
Tailoring System V.1
Hunger level V.1
Leveling System [Unpack] V.1
Story Line System V.1
Secret story line V.1

Unfinished That what is not even started yet.
Chapter1
Chapter2
Story line V.1
Shop System V.1
Password System V.1
Housing System V.1

The excessive rounds have also been fixed, so has the brick limitations and overall lag.

NOTICE - 11 17 09

The following jobs are available for the production of AA, people who are interested in such please message me, I will tell you more information then. The following categories are listed below:

Constructing:
Building Style section
Terra Forming Section
Dungeon Creation

Programing:
Variable Guru
a) Shop system (Money management, buy buy buy)
b) Menu System (Opening menu, passwords, etc)
c) Housing system (Buy a house, live in it)
d) Story line Programmer

Hope all experienced builders in these sections are able to join the production.

NOTICE - 12 1 09

Thanks to a skilled Eventer, we have been able to put the password system to work! password systems for Admins will be underway (Admin rooms) So will be the game Password system that will hold all your data currently saved and your items, even when the server is down, your items will still be there when the server re-opens.

We proudly present a system that stands out above all others and truly makes this game unique; the ability to save and keep your items stored in a server side system and present them to you EVEN when the server is down and later re-opens.

END

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:20:38 PM by Myuto »

Wow, this is, nice. Kudos to you and your friend. All I can think of is, a slight bit of added colouring to the trees. I think they could use a couple more shades of green in their leaves, if that's possible.
But, wow, Congratulations on a great build.

9.5/10 :D!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:50:22 PM by sir dooble »

was going to post pics but i found out why he didn't. very nice so far, do i see a lot of custom bricks, look at the castles gates to see what i'm talking about
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:52:58 PM by chills58 »

Finally you post it :O
it only took you a 3 months...
10/10

The landscape is one of the best I've seen, but the buildings are a little lacking

I can't wait for this :3 Oh, and for the images, you do the link, then img and after that /img in []s

Awesome trees on the first pic.

Here are his pictures so far.

Hope that helped.

121,000 bricks

Holy stuff.

I like it. 9/10

Me. loving. Likey. 10/10
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:56:20 PM by Caution »

Thanks for all the replies guy's!