Author Topic: darerd's color set  (Read 2086 times)

sometimes i think, hmm... i cant find this exact color i want, i guess ill use this color, that is similar. then when im done i think that it's sort of... unfinished, would you say? so i made a colorset that has two rows of bright colors that would fit in the "standard" section of other colorsets, 12 shades of gray, some dark shades of colors, and an "other" section for more stuff that i felt i missed.

take this color set if you are someone who likes variety, which some people actually dont.

if there's some confusion about this color set let me know and ill post a screenshot of the colorset in use.

quick instructions for installing colorsets:

1. download the text document to a handy place for use (i use my desktop)
2. open it and click file> save as...
3. go to C://Documents and settings/Blockland/config/server/colorSet
4. save it as that, and your done! now go to blockland and try it out.

We need pictures for clicktures.

3. go to C://Documents and settings/Blockland/config/server/colorSet
You are a handicap.

We need pictures for clicktures.
I'll save him the trouble.
I'm sticking to the default. It's very lacking and unorganized.

You are a handicap.
I'll save him the trouble.
I'm sticking to the default. It's very lacking and unorganized.

Wtf? doesnt look that bad to me?

It looks unorganized. Should be put into columns that contain one of each color (Standard), then Blue, Yellow, and Green columns with a greyscale and trans column seperate. At least he was considerate enough to sort that out.

You are a handicap.

well, i actually checked and went to that, it was the color set.

heres an easier way to explain where to go:
_____________________________ _____________________________ ________
3. inside "Save As..." on the left there are about five panels, click my computer. find your local C drive, open that. in there you should find a folder named blockland. in it theres config, then server. finally you'll find a file (usually it is a notepad document) called "colorSet" click on it then press save. "are you sure you want to overwrite the file 'colorSet'?" press yes. finally, you are done! congratz. go try it out
_____________________________ _____________________________ ________

is that less technical?

thanks for all these downloads :D

well, i actually checked and went to that, it was the color set.
Not in their user directory. You might want to double-check the instructions on the OP. -_-

is that less technical?
You're basically telling them to overwrite their default colorSet.txt so if they don't like yours, they can't switch back to the normal. At least give instructions on how to back it up. I think you should put it in a .zip with a description.txt and name it colorset_whatever (if this is correct).
Also, not everyone installs Blockland directly to their C:/ drive. I'm sure pretty much everyone knows where it is installed anyway.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:22:48 PM by Sonicfan574 »

thanks for all these downloads :D
1.) 13 =/= lots of downloads
2.) They only download it because they want to see what it looks like; you gave us no picture.

well, i guess your right.

if you mean tutorial to back it up... im not really sure. maybe just save the old colorset to your deskop and when your done with mine just replace it again.

colorset_whatever (if this is correct).

that is not correct. colorSet is the systems knowledge of what the colorset is, i cant just name it "colorset_whatever" because then it would totally screw up the whole entire game.