Author Topic: Building while loading  (Read 1715 times)

what about when you load, you can choose between going to a small box or floating platform where you can build with all defaults, default colorset, default bricks, and default addons, and load the server, basicly single player while loading another server, and it would save when spawning, load the bricks when joining, all clientsided?

or, how about, you can just do somthing else while you wait, or if it takes that long to load, leave.
Btw, isn't there zor's tetris client side thing?

yes, i know i can do those things, but what about the suggestion itself? just to work on a small build over a decent ammount of time, i wouldn't care if it would slow the loading for me, just as long as it doesn't impact the server in any way (unless host, then it may lag the server a little)

I don't think that is possible, but it is likely that I'm wrong.

Uuh, have 2 blocklands open?

Uuh, have 2 blocklands open?
this crappy laptop i'm stuck with until the 28th or so can't handle powerpoint and internet open, i don't think it can take 2 blockland screens open... and that defeats the purpose
I don't think that is possible, but it is likely that I'm wrong.
i've been thinking about it for a while (months, just posting it now) and i think it would be possible, but not completely sure (maybe even have what you're loading in the bottom or top, as a change from SP, so you can see how much left until spawning)

I'm sorry, do you even know what loading is?
Or are you so stupid, you think it's something Badspot put in there "Just to annoy us?"

It'd require huge engine changes but it'd be very fun.

How about something like v0002 building to reduce wait times? 8 or so paint colours, the default 1st favourite set of bricks only minus the vehicle spawn (maybe replaced with a flat plate brick) and a Construct-like map. That'd start near instantly compared to loading some servers and their Add-Ons, so it's probably possible.

It'd require huge engine changes but it'd be very fun.

How about something like v0002 building to reduce wait times? 8 or so paint colours, the default 1st favourite set of bricks only minus the vehicle spawn (maybe replaced with a flat plate brick) and a Construct-like map. That'd start near instantly compared to loading some servers and their Add-Ons, so it's probably possible.

I'm sorry, what?
How can you build in an environment while loading the resources necessary?

I'm sorry, what?
How can you build in an environment while loading the resources necessary?
It could automatically load a limited set of datablocks when starting up the game used separately from the ones loaded when joining a server.

It could automatically load a limited set of datablocks when starting up the game used separately from the ones loaded when joining a server.
Hmm.
I think only Badspot could do that though, and I doubt that happening.
But the thought is certainly interesting.

They have this for SSBB on the wii.

I'm sorry, do you even know what loading is?
Or are you so stupid, you think it's something Badspot put in there "Just to annoy us?"
i'm not a moronic fool like most... i do know that loading is there so that you can actualy join and use the server, DLing the things the client needs to be able to see objects and junk like that, and it would be completely client sided as my theory, with all defaults, nothing more, and have no impact on the server that you're joining