Why has no one thought of this for holding weapons?

Author Topic: Why has no one thought of this for holding weapons?  (Read 3527 times)

You can set a vertical "tilt" angle on the camera (Rotondo's top-down player) but there's no equivalent option for a horizontal tilt. The one I did you had to press Z and look around - as a result you couldn't aim and see in that direction at the same time...

Wasn't there a "hacky" method to fix the horizontal tilt?

So you're saying the player can't have his vision tilted on the Y axis?

This is what it would look like anyways:

Is that what you want?

Holding weapons sideways? And how do you purpose we aim?
The little circle in the middle

We should change this topic to the "Rant about hands topic".

This is what it would look like anyways:

Is that what you want?

That looks great, although I think It might look better the other direction. That way the weapon will show on the right side of the screen.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:33:12 PM by Lørd Tøny »

why not make the person diagonal instead of parallel with the weapon. that way it doesn't look ridiculous and you still don't have the stretchy arms?

why not make the person diagonal instead of parallel with the weapon. that way it doesn't look ridiculous and you still don't have the stretchy arms?

You would have to move the left arm forward for that just a bit. That would make the left arm stretch.

That looks great! It uses the player's Hug animation too!

So, I guess this would work. The problem would just be that only certain weapons would be like this in the first place.

I like the weapons the way they are.  Why can't we have arms like Rayman?