Author Topic: Fixing the brick textures.  (Read 30829 times)

Looks pretty lovey but I read on the topic that it messes with your Blockhead's lighting?

Edit: just tested and I have a few problems
1. These completely darken the colors of the bricks and make the game look a lot.. darker.   Legos (and Blockos) are happy, colorful things and darkening this much makes them kind of ugly.
2. There are little white lines that show up on the side of the Bricktop texture and they are significantly more annoying than bricks showing up in dark maps.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 02:23:39 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

Looks pretty lovey but I read on the topic that it messes with your Blockhead's lighting?

Edit: just tested and I have a few problems
1. These completely darken the colors of the bricks and make the game look a lot.. darker.   Legos (and Blockos) are happy, colorful things and darkening this much makes them kind of ugly.
2. There are little white lines that show up on the side of the Bricktop texture and they are significantly more annoying than bricks showing up in dark maps.

it looks bad in daylight when you move away from the sides of bricks because then these ugly bars appear, significantly annoying.

it looks bad in daylight when you move away from the sides of bricks because then these ugly bars appear, significantly annoying.
yeah
This pack is really only good if everything you build is in a dark maps, most of my stuff is in daylight.

Blockland's lighting needs to be fixed in general but I'm sure it'll never get fixed, it probably would take engine changes or something.

I don't ever seem to get the 'white lines' problem.

This should be default!
No it shouldn't.  Anybody who wants this can easily download it.  Some people (like myself) don't like the way it changes some stuff, so making it default would only please SOME people.

Stop spamming.

Have Badspot replied what he think yet?

Have Badspot replied what he think yet?
No, and he most likely won't.

Everything looks like its made of clay now. I like it.  :cookieMonster:

Wow this topic is now a year old 0.o

yeah
This pack is really only good if everything you build is in a dark maps, most of my stuff is in daylight.

Blockland's lighting needs to be fixed in general but I'm sure it'll never get fixed, it probably would take engine changes or something.
I've decided to counter this problem by building in the dark. I think I like it better anyways.

Bump. Will this ever be updated in any way?