Author Topic: Fixing the brick textures.  (Read 30846 times)

This works fantastically. It ought to be an add-on so it's easy to share with friends. I'm curious: can the same method be applied to decals/faces and such? Those details glow in the dark and it tends to kill the realism that removing the ugly white lines creates. It makes sense for computer screens to glow in the dark, but faces...?

Someone should sticky this.

if it really was complete darkness, then you wouldn't see any bricks regardless. there is always light, in any map. in any place.
the blockland textures are actually pretty realistic for lego bricks.

i guess if you want realistic in real life buildings then sure. but i like blockland because it reminds me of legos i grew up with. not some modeling program.

people have mentioned dislike for studs and the lines altogether as well in other nonrelated topics.
but that just isnt lego-like to "clean" em all up.

Dude calm down, it not like he got rid of the studs and lines all together to make the walls look solid, he just made the light shade into darkness neater. Next could you work on being able to see light in darkness from high perches

I know this is very old, but I decided to bump this really useful thread because I think that more people should be aware of it. Get out if you think that it's not worth it.

Even if you use these for hosting a challenge server, any user joining the server will still have the old ones and will be able to see the bricks in the dark.

but on legos, there are slight angles to all the bricks on edges and curves.
they reflect because they face the light in those cases
Even when you turn lighting completely off, this still happens.
What I mean by that is setting the sun's light to "0 0 0 0"

This looks great, in my opinion.
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1865/blockland00001.png
Offtopic:You know you could just attach the image right.
Ontopic:Please sticky this.

This looks fantastic in low light, but in normal light it makes everything a bit too dark for my liking. Not sure whether I prefer this or defaults.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:21:18 AM by xC »

Bumping. Where to put the images.

Bumping. Where to put the images.
He explains in the OP...

Blockland/Base/Data/Shapes
Be sure to back-up old ones though. ;D

Also, looks good.

I know this is very old, but I decided to bump this really useful thread because I think that more people should be aware of it. Get out if you think that it's not worth it.

Problem I noticed yesterday:

Those are all the default bright red, no effects. The letter side of print bricks isn't darkened like the rest of the textures so they don't blend in.