Author Topic: Flashlight! (Pictures added)  (Read 28892 times)

This flashlight makes you see things that are dark and far away! You can always make use of my idea to make it able to get in your hands by saying something like /flashlight in the chatbox, cause now it's a weapon. Edit: Yes I edited the laser pointer because I'm not a scripter and nobody else wanted to make it.

UPDATED Fixed the problem I had with the Onactivate system. Deleted some useless lines. thanks to -Jetz-

V1.2
Download

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:14:38 AM by RBow »

You just copypasted from the laser pointer it seems; take out anything to do with onActivate.

I'm gonna take a wild guess this overwrites the Laser Pointer.

Meekl Your wrong it will not completely overwrite the laser pointer. Before you comment at least look at the download page.

Meekl Your wrong it will not completely overwrite the laser pointer. Before you comment at least look at the download page.
wild guess
A quote from RBow: "Well I'll try tomorrow by editing the Laser Pointer"

It has many large pieces of useless coding in it.

A quote from RBow: "Well I'll try tomorrow by editing the Laser Pointer"
I used the word completely for a reason if it completely overwrites it, it would be called Tool_Laserpointer. Please go to school for your first time then respond.

I used the word completely for a reason if it completely overwrites it, it would be called Tool_Laserpointer. Please go to school for your first time then respond.
Overwriting another add-on can happen in many ways, not just the file. If the datablocks are titled the same, only one will exist. This can also happen through scripts being overwritten.

Well I'm not a scripter so I couldn't make a whole script myself so I edited the laser pointer but I deleted some parts that had OnActivate in it but they still activate things. I really need some help with deleting the useless lines. Does someone have deleted them already?

Oh and I got a message from someone who said you could make it get in your hands by typing something in textbox with adding this line:

function servercmdFlashLight(%client)
{
   %player = %client.player;
   %player.updateArm(FlashlightImage);
   %player.mountImage(FlashlightImage, 0);
}

Well I'm not a scripter so I couldn't make a whole script myself so I edited the laser pointer but I deleted some parts that had OnActivate in it but they still activate things. I really need some help with deleting the useless lines. Does someone have deleted them already?

Fixed the onactivate thing.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:21:22 PM by RBow »

Oh and I got a message from someone who said you could make it get in your hands by typing something in textbox with adding this line:

function servercmdFlashLight(%client)
{
   %player = %client.player;
   %player.updateArm(FlashlightImage);
   %player.mountImage(FlashlightImage, 0);
}

Well now you can get it by saying that but is there a way you can bind it to a key so you just press "f" or something and a flashlight appears in your LEFT hand and you can still equip a weapon? Because you can't have 2 weapons in your hand. The flashlight isn't updated yet I'll do when I'm almost sure that every useless line is deleted.

Use it instead of quadruple posting.