Author Topic: Flashlight! (Pictures added)  (Read 28896 times)

Use it instead of quadruple posting.
To late and updated the flashlight no more Onactivate effects!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:41:41 PM by RBow »

Code: [Select]
datablock ParticleData(FlashlightParticleA)
{
   dragCoefficient      = 5;
   gravityCoefficient   = -0.0;
   inheritedVelFactor   = 1.0;
   constantAcceleration = 0.0;
   lifetimeMS           = 1;
   lifetimeVarianceMS   = 0;
   textureName          = "base/data/particles/dot";
   spinSpeed           = 0.0;
   spinRandomMin        = 0.0;
   spinRandomMax        = 0.0;
   colors[0]     = "0 0 0 0";
   colors[1]     = "0 0 0 0";
   colors[2]     = "0 0 0 0";

sizes[0]      = 0.15;
   sizes[1]      = 0.15;
   sizes[2]      = 0.3;

times[0] = 0.0;
   times[1] = 0.5;
   times[2] = 1.0;

useInvAlpha = false;
};

datablock ParticleEmitterData(FlashlightEmitterA)
{
   ejectionPeriodMS = 10;
   periodVarianceMS = 0;
   ejectionVelocity = 10;
   velocityVariance = 0.5;
   ejectionOffset   = 10;
   thetaMin         = 0;
   thetaMax         = 180;
   phiReferenceVel  = 0;
   phiVariance      = 360;
   overrideAdvance = false;
   particles = "FlashlightParticleA";

useEmitterColors = false;

uiName = "Flashlight Hit";
};
Scrap this.

I used the word completely for a reason if it completely overwrites it, it would be called Tool_Laserpointer. Please go to school for your first time then respond.
I never SAID it completely overwrites it. Read the damn post before you make a smartass comment.

Something else(the other flashlight mod) uses /flashlight

Something else(the other flashlight mod) uses /flashlight
I'm still searching another way to make the flashlight show up. But it needs to fire the beam without clicking and the script I use needs to click so I can't really make the /flashlight thingy work good yet. it needs to become a personal light or somthign not a weapon.

Code snip
Scrap this.
thx

Edit: oh crap again double post. >_>
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:07:29 PM by RBow »

Well now you have the /FlashLight thing right?

Can other players see your light?

because that would be a total dark minigame killer

I'm still searching another way to make the flashlight show up. But it needs to fire the beam without clicking and the script I use needs to click so I can't really make the /flashlight thingy work good yet. it needs to become a personal light or somthign not a weapon.

You could do a keybind.  It would be much easier to use then, especially when in a mini.

You could do a keybind.  It would be much easier to use then, especially when in a mini.
Can you explain me how to do that? I'm not a scripter remember :D

Well now you have the /FlashLight thing right?

Yes. You say /Flashlight and it appears as a weapon in your hands. Sadly it is still a weapon yes.

Can other players see your light?

because that would be a total dark minigame killer

I think people see your flashlight. Haven't tested in  a server yet.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:12:33 AM by RBow »

With the state system you could probably create a pattern that will allow you to click to toggle it on and off... I'll see if I can do this after school*.

*may or may not be 2 months from now.

Screenies? I want to see if this will actually work before i download. It might cause my computer to turn into a pile of pickles if i dont check.

Please...can someone make a good flashlight. This is a good start but it has too many useless codes in it. (I would make it if i could, but i cant make it cause im a terrible scripter and i have no idea how to use 3d software.

I never SAID it completely overwrites it. Read the damn post before you make a smartass comment.
It was what you were trying to say or you would have said nothing at all.
Overwriting another add-on can happen in many ways, not just the file. If the datablocks are titled the same, only one will exist. This can also happen through scripts being overwritten.
Also to you I believe I am still right because I gave the idea that it could overwritten. But the Laserpointer will still exist so it is not completely overwritten in the sense of computers. I am not saying this to you Jetz to be argumentative just so you see where I was coming from with my point.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:55:43 PM by MagicAhrim »

Please...can someone make a good flashlight. This is a good start but it has too many useless codes in it. (I would make it if i could, but i cant make it cause im a terrible scripter and i have no idea how to use 3d software.
I know I want another one too but I suggested it and nobody wanted to make one so I started one by editing.