Author Topic: Metroid Mod  (Read 7078 times)

The Metroid Mod is going to be a bunch of add-ons based around the Metroid games. It will feature maps, weapons,  player types, decals, and maybe more things if I'm not too lazy. I was originally going to make just the power beam and release it as an independent add-on, but it was way underpowered compared to other guns and since I wanted it to act like it does in the games, I decided to go ahead make this into a mod. I am pretty sure most or all of this will get released, but I do tend to bite off more than I can chew. Blockland needs more Metroid stuff though, so hopefully I can make it.

20% Finished

Weapons

Power Beam:
Has slow RoF and damage, but you can charge it to do more damage (more than the missile :P)
90%

Missile Launcher:
Launches missiles slower than the power beam, but does about 3 times more damage.
50%

Judicator:
Shots bounce of walls, can be charged to freeze people.
15%

Wave Beam:
Moves in wave pattern (Like in Super Metroid) but doesn't go through walls. Medium damage and slow RoF.
0%

Morph Ball/Morph Ball Bombs:
Instead of the normal morphing on command, I'll probably end up adding morph ball bricks or events or something that change your player type. (These could be put in front of small tunnels, pipes, wherever you would use it) Bombs should launch you up if I do it right.
0%

Maps

Zebes:
Large networks of caverns and a surface with lots of small mountains and rocks
0%

Alinos:
Covered in lava and rock, lots of ruins.
0%

Anything Else

Samus Player Type:
Can jump higher, has more health, fps only
100%

Morph Ball Player Type:
Might or might not have rolling and bombs. I'm still deciding whether to keep it.

Samus Chest Decal:
20%

I can probably finish this on my own, but I would really appreciate some help. I can do most of the scripting and modeling myself, but if you can animate in Blender *Looks at Darkstar* or can do something useful like convert files, this would get done a lot faster.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 06:34:13 PM by Block Builder »

Wouldn't you include the:

Ice Beam
Plasma Beam
Light Beam
Dark Beam
Annihilator Beam
Nova Beam
Charge Combos
Power Bomb

What was that one beam called, where it mixed Dark AND light together, I haven't played it in a long time :/

And don't forget the Nova Beam (Metroid Prime 3 Corruption).

And would the grapple be possible?

I already listed everything you said besides the grapple.

Don't make the Omega... thats pretty much an ion cannon, and we don't need it :c

Omega cannon? Well no, plus don't make the phazon beam either, they're pretty much too powerful to consider turing into a weapon for Blockland.

Block, are you making this off of a single metroid game, or the entire series?

I'm most likely guessing Metroid Prime 1

Oh gawd, Fund this Hard.
Needs to have  the Galcatic federation blasters too + decals and faces

I can probably make those. Or not, I don't know how to use paint/et

I can't make everything :C

Morph ball model is almost done though, pics in a sec.

You gonna make a Castlevania mod after this?

Would like to see the maps.

Wave Beam:
Moves in wave pattern (Like in Super Metroid) but doesn't go through walls. Medium damage and slow RoF.

like the quake disruptor from wipeout? i loving love that weapon.

You gonna make a Castlevania mod after this?

Block i would love you forever if you made a Castlevania mod.