Which is a more reliable source?

The Bible
35 (18.3%)
Science
140 (73.3%)
Bruce Campbell
16 (8.4%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Author Topic: More reliable source?  (Read 34884 times)

Oh hey there, I urge everyone here to please watch this video.

not trying to be a richard, but still.
    Oh wow that's just handicapped. Calling God a jug of milk is not a good brown townogy.

Reason why: We don't just believe just because of nothing, we believe because of many things such as
    There is much more that will take forever to name.[/list]
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 11:10:33 PM by The Russian »

I don't think you quite understood what he was trying to say. He was pointing out that praying to a jug of milk will produce the same results as praying to God.

Look at the three answers he's using: yes, no and wait. Regardless of what you ask/pray to whatever/whoever, the answer HAS to be one of those three. If you get your answer almost right away, it was yes. If it comes in a few months to a few years, it was wait. If it never comes, it was no.

He's saying that yes and wait are only coincidental. They would have happened anyways regardless of if you prayed or not.

Give me one example of our aggressiveness. My church teaches not to be aggressive and threaten but to explain. It's bad when someone does something because of fear. If you haven't noticed, I'm not being aggressive here unlike Inv3rted who starts throwing fallacies around.
    According to the bible, all christians must kill people who worship other gods/have a different religion/does not believe in the lord.

Praying is futile, god helps those who help themselves, or in other words, get what you want through hard work and give god the credit.

According to the bible, all christians must kill people who worship other gods/have a different religion/does not believe in the lord.
    That's the Old Testament's version of salvation but since the New Testament the salvation is through Jesus Christ. Seriously stop using that as backup or proof.
    I don't think you quite understood what he was trying to say. He was pointing out that praying to a jug of milk will produce the same results as praying to God.

Look at the three answers he's using: yes, no and wait. Regardless of what you ask/pray to whatever/whoever, the answer HAS to be one of those three. If you get your answer almost right away, it was yes. If it comes in a few months to a few years, it was wait. If it never comes, it was no.

He's saying that yes and wait are only coincidental. They would have happened anyways regardless of if you prayed or not.
    If you read my list one of them were "There are quite a lot of "coincidences".
    A jug of milk cannot produce as many, or as intricate, miracles or what you call "coincidences".

What is up with this forum and these controversial threads?

That's the Old Testament's version of salvation but since the New Testament the salvation is through Jesus Christ. Seriously stop using that as backup or proof.If you read my list one of them were "There are quite a lot of "coincidences".
    A jug of milk cannot produce as many, or as intricate, miracles or what you call "coincidences".
    I still don't think you understand... A coincidence isn't a miracle. A coincidence is me telling you that you will die in 10 days and you actually do. If I didn't say that you most likely still would have died.

Silly people on the forums thinking they can prove their side right on a question that has pretty much exsisted since the beginning of humans.

I'm probably gonna regret posting here.

I'm sure a few people said this... can't we believe in both?

It's not like all of science is against what the bible teaches, and vise versa. I'm sure some people devote their lives to proving that the Bible is a sham, but that's not to say any/every instance of experimenting and testing something further prove that God doesn't exist.

Oh, and we won't get anywhere if we just keep bashing beliefs other than our own. Self-denial never makes you smarter.

Silly people on the forums thinking they can prove their side right on a question that has pretty much exsisted since the beginning of humans.
    It makes us feel smart :)

What is up with this forum and these controversial threads?
    People like Inv3rted can't handle other people believing in something he doesn't as shown here:
    Both of these statements make me wish you would die in a fire.

Of course a coincidence isn't a miracle, but many coincidences causes us to believe it is a miracle and not a coincidence anymore.

People like Inv3rted can't handle other people believing in something he doesn't as shown here:
    Of course a coincidence isn't a miracle, but many coincidences causes us to believe it is a miracle and not a coincidence anymore.
    Quit being so butthurt about Inv3rted, you clearly can't handle anyone else's thoughts on something yourself.

lol religion, what a joke