What part do you want first?

Maps
14 (23%)
Weapons
39 (63.9%)
Playertypes
8 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Metroid Mod  (Read 24353 times)

The Metroid Mod is going to be a bunch of add-ons based around the Metroid games. It will feature maps, weapons,  player types, decals, and maybe more things if I'm not too lazy. I was originally going to make just the power beam and release it as an independent add-on, but it was way underpowered compared to other guns and since I wanted it to act like it does in the games, I decided to go ahead make this into a mod. I am pretty sure most or all of this will get released, but I do tend to bite off more than I can chew. Blockland needs more Metroid stuff though, so hopefully I can make it.

40% Finished

Weapons

Power Beam + Missiles:
Has fast RoF but low damage. You can charge it to do more damage and it fires missiles on right click. Thanks Tommy631 for the model!
95%

Judicator:
Shots bounce of walls, can be charged to freeze people.
15%

Wave Beam:
Moves in wave pattern (Like in Super Metroid) but doesn't go through walls. Medium damage and slow RoF.
0%

Morph Ball/Morph Ball Bombs:
Instead of the normal morphing on command, I'll probably end up adding morph ball bricks or events or something that change your player type. (These could be put in front of small tunnels, pipes, wherever you would use it) Bombs should launch you up if I do it right.
0%

Maps

Zebes:
Large networks of caverns and a surface with lots of small mountains and rocks
0%

Alinos:
Covered in lava and rock, lots of ruins.
0%

Anything Else

Samus Player Type:
No health regen, more health, fps only
100%

Morph Ball Player Type:
Might or might not have rolling and bombs. I'm still deciding whether to keep it.

Samus Chest Decal:
100%

I can probably finish this on my own, but I would really appreciate some help. I can do most of the scripting and modeling myself, but if you can animate in Blender *Looks at Darkstar* or can do something useful like convert files, this would get done a lot faster.

I "moved" this here from community projects. I'm not cross posting, I just realized it was not in the right place.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:54:08 PM by Block Builder »

So I hear you like Metroid.

So I hear you like Metroid.
Definatly.
Ontopic: Me like, must have.

Is there any easy to make my weapon fire two different projectiles? The way I do it right now is a bit messy.

About the morph ball - Just add a hotkey to it.

Make it so you can only be the morph ball for a certain time, and then have it recharge.

But you should still definitely do the bricks active the morph ball.

Never got an answer out of you when I asked about castlevania.

This charging thing is confusing me. :c

Also, I don't know what Castlevania is.

i recommend you make the metroid player on right click you morph into morph ball
(just a suggestion)

i recommend you make the metroid player on right click you morph into morph ball
(just a suggestion)
Since I really doubt you know anything about scripting or Torque, stay out of this topic and leave the suggestions and tips to people that know what the forget they're doing.

Anyway, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to make it fire 3 shots or, if you hold down the left mouse button for a moment, fire one shot (Haven't messed with adding more than one projectile)
Code: [Select]
stateName[0] = "Activate";
stateTimeoutValue[0] = 0.2;
stateTransitionOnTimeout[0] = "Ready";
stateSequence[0] = "ready";
stateSound[0] = BeamswitchSound;

stateName[1] = "Ready";
stateTransitionOnTriggerDown[1] = "Charge";
stateAllowImageChange[1] = true;

stateName[2]                    = "Charge";
stateTransitionOnTimeout[2] = "Armed";
stateTimeoutValue[2]            = 0.8;
stateWaitForTimeout[2] = false;
stateTransitionOnTriggerUp[2] = "FireA";
stateScript[2]                  = "onCharge";
stateAllowImageChange[2]        = false;
StateSound[2] = Chargeloop;

stateName[3] = "FireA";
stateTransitionOnTimeout[3] = "FireB";
stateTimeoutValue[3] = 0.1;
stateFire[3] = true;
stateSequence[3] = "fire";
stateScript[3] = "onFire";
stateWaitForTimeout[3] = true;
stateAllowImageChange[3] = false;
stateSound[3] = BeamFireSound;

stateName[4] = "FireB";
stateTransitionOnTimeout[4] = "FireC";
stateTimeoutValue[4] = 0.1;
stateFire[4] = true;
stateSequence[4] = "fire";
stateScript[4] = "onFire";
stateWaitForTimeout[4] = true;
stateAllowImageChange[4] = false;
stateSound[4] = BeamFireSound;

stateName[5] = "FireC";
stateTransitionOnTimeout[5] = "Ready";
stateTimeoutValue[5] = 0.1;
stateFire[5] = true;
stateSequence[5] = "fire";
stateScript[5] = "onFire";
stateWaitForTimeout[5] = true;
stateAllowImageChange[5] = false;
stateSound[5] = BeamFireSound;

stateName[6] = "Armed";
stateTransitionOnTriggerUp[6] = "Firecharge";
stateAllowImageChange[6] = false;

stateName[7] = "Firecharge";
stateTransitionOnTimeout[7] = "Ready";
stateTimeoutValue[7] = 0.2;
stateFire[5] = true;
stateSequence[5] = "fire";
stateScript[5] = "onFire";
stateWaitForTimeout[5] = true;
stateAllowImageChange[5] = false;
stateSound[5] = ChargebeamfireSound;

};
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 08:45:04 PM by Block Builder »

Power Beam's script is now working and fully functional. All I need is an animator :C

You should have the four basic Metroid Prime beams in one weapon, controllable by the brick keys. Shift forwards = Power beam, left = Plasma Beam, etc. Missiles could be fired at any time by something like the Light key or the Paint key with the weapon out.

You should have the four basic Metroid Prime beams in one weapon, controllable by the brick keys. Shift forwards = Power beam, left = Plasma Beam, etc. Missiles could be fired at any time by something like the Light key or the Paint key with the weapon out.

I want this to be simple though, and it would force people to have every weapon or none of them in a DM.

I just had a great idea. What if I made the Power Beam fire a missile when you right click? That, or, making it go into a missile firing mode when you press the light key. I think the right click thing is simpler though, so I'll try it out.

The prospect of a DM built in classical metroid style amuses me.

The prospect of a DM built in classical metroid style amuses me.
Classical? Everything in the mod will be based on or from the Prime games.