Author Topic: Natural Disaster Mod  (Read 5895 times)

NaturalDisasters Mod

I was on my city server, and I was listening to some music while I built the admin's airport. When I got tired of the song I went through all my music files and saw one listed as "tornado". It was a siren similar to the one you would hear in Kansas if a tornado was approaching.

So this got me thinking, what about some sort of tornado mod, it would be a emitter of some sort that would "move" through a build and fake kill the smallest bricks. (Have no idea if this would have latency issues)

Then I thought, well, why not get bigger, have like a whole mod secluded to natural disasters, things that happen in some people's lives more then others. So, some of the disasters I could think of were:
  • Tornado- A emitter that blows through where the host is standing, fakekilling the smaller bricks regardless who's build it was.
  • Fire- Sort of like Zor's old firefight mod, a fire that would spread through a build where the host was standing, and it would fake kill all the bricks that it spread to.
  • Thunder Storm- A electical storm that would begin where the host stands and lighting bolts would be emitters that would fire to a player, then the player would die or lose a lot of health, maybe some rain mixed in to.
  • Meteors- A set number of modeled basically rocks fall from the sky with a fiery emitter coming out the back. Would smash into builds and fake kill the bricks, and could possibly
    Quote from: Badspot
    convert the non-believers TO RADIOACTIVE VAPOR
    or just kill them. :)
    • Armageddon- Basically used by the host, could blow through like the fire section and fake kill all bricks, and kill everyone. Would sorta be like the end of the movie, The Knowing.

So the reason these would all be host only is, if they did cause latency issues, then it's the hosts fault for using them, he couldn't blame it on his admins. :/

Ideas:
    Add a RTB Pref to Kill bricks when disaster gets to them.

Make a RTB Pref to go on randomly and pop up anywhere near bricks, "with the ability to change the chance of them coming/power/whatever with preferences.

But these may seem overpowered, and they are supposed to be. If you count the human deaths of every natural disaster in the world, then you would wanna start counting now... Maybe you'll get done before you die!

But mainly this mod is just to add realism in a city server, and the fakekilling would only last maybe 30 seconds so people wouldn't think they lost their build. Thanks for reading, and I hope someone wants to have a nice tasty project. :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:33:23 PM by Oasis »

They should be random and pop up anywhere near bricks, with the ability to change the chance of them coming/power/whatever with preferences.

Would have many uses.

• Movies
  • Ciy rp/life rp
  • Build and Survive the distaster games
  • Other
I like it

They should be random and pop up anywhere near bricks, with the ability to change the chance of them coming/power/whatever with preferences.

That's what I originally thought, but what if you were a pissed off badmin ( :D ) and wanted to annihilate every god damn person near you?

I suppose that would come on automatically if you check that in the RTB Preference then there could be a manual type thing to. Nice idea Dest.

Abusable, but sounds like fun.

Abusable, but sounds like fun.
Thanks Captain Obvious. :D

But yes I thank you for your comment.

I think it would be cooler if the bricks actually got killbricked. That way you WOULD rush to stop it if it was a fire or whatever, maybe some option to turn it to fake kill.

I don't think the Tornado thing would work out well, but maybe like a hurricane storm or something would be cool.

I think it would be cooler if the bricks actually got killbricked. That way you WOULD rush to stop it if it was a fire or whatever, maybe some option to turn it to fake kill.
Once again, yes that would make an actual server dedicated to it a lot more fun. I would save before I turned Armageddon on. :D

How about make Armageddon, in stead of killing everything, spawn 5-10 Tornadoes, fires, storms, and maybe, some meteors.

I don't think the Tornado thing would work out well, but maybe like a hurricane storm or something would be cool.
Might be an idea, but what about a map with no water? O_O

How about make Armageddon, in stead of killing everything, spawn 5-10 Tornadoes, fires, storms, and maybe, some meteors.

I am afraid of latency issues with one tornado/disaster, don't get me worried about more. :/

This mod would be fun for a type of survival rp, with a hunger mod and random food spread through the ruins of a deathmatch level.  Give the players short range weps like swords and spears on a large map and it sounds like fun. :D

Tsunami.

Edit: Volcano. Earthquake.

Tsunami.

Edit: Volcano. Earthquake.
I thought of all 3 of those but a. How would you get a tsunami on a map with no water? b. How would you get a maps ground to move like an earthquake? c. Volcano is same as tsunami, what if the map didn't have one?
This mod would be fun for a type of survival rp, with a hunger mod and random food spread through the ruins of a deathmatch level.  Give the players short range weps like swords and spears on a large map and it sounds like fun. :D
That could work but mainly I am trying to add realism to servers. :/

I love this, if only i knew how to script.