5+ Hours a day
8 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: STO  (Read 28827 times)

The USS Yangtze for me, probably.

I wanted something Chinese.

The USS Yangtze for me, probably.

I wanted something Chinese.
At first I thought you named it Yahtzee from the game. I had a chuckle.

I'll have to find out how much space is allowed for the ship names. I have a theme I'd like to use for my ship names. Some have longer than normal names. The longest has 10 characters in it, 11 if you count the space.

Maybe 10 to 15 characters.

Maybe 10 to 15 characters.
Oh if only. I'd be one happy panda unlike this depressed sonnovabech.  :panda:

I'm pretty sure this will be separated into different servers. We need to decide which one.

will you be able to land on different planets and fly your ship manually?

I think so.

Also, this shot makes the ship in First Contact look more like the Millenium Falcon:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/c/c9/Akira_and_Millennium_Falcon.jpg

will you be able to land on different planets and fly your ship manually?
While I doubt that you can land your ship on planets, there will be enough beaming to the surface to suffice planetary missions. Secondly, that'd make it kinda boring if you just park your ship on a planet and atomize all opposition to win an episode. And yes, you can fully control your ship as well as modify it's exterior and it's specializations.

Also, this shot makes the ship in First Contact look more like the Millenium Falcon:
Yeah, that was discussed earlier in this thread I think. It is the Millenium Falcon that was put in there as a joke. Up until this nice resolution pic was provided, it looked more like a defiant class ship to me.

Im going through starfleet academy so i start out with a ship :P

I cant wait for the beta, only 5 more days!!

The Miranda class doesn't look good to me. :(

The Miranda class doesn't look good to me. :(
The Miranda class used to be my favorite up until the much more bad ass Akira class came by.

The Miranda class used to be my favorite up until the much more bad ass Akira class came by.
Same

You start with a ship of your class (Its just looks) Like Tactical, Science and Engineering. From there you start in the Earth Space Station, run around do stuff etc then you get mission go back out into space on your ship then you fly to the Universe Map or whatever you call it, then you fly to systems then do missions etc there, some missions make you kill all enemy's in a planets orbit then beam down to a station/ship then do the ground fights/objectives then bail out and fly back to the sector space.

Space Combat is 3D but fought in 2D, as in your shields are only 2D (Directional) but you can't fly outside down etc you can only go 80 degrees up/down. Its still 3D because of the distance between ships X Y Z. You ship has slots where you can play Phasers/Torcreepes/Mines etc on the front or back or where every you ship is capable of placing them. The Universe/Sector Space Maps make zero sense, you go in 1 side then end up half way across the universe, its utter non-sense.

Ground Combat is pretty basic, the best part about this game is its space battles. TO understand ground combat think WoW but with 5 total ability's and just a stuff ton of Talents that boost attacks.

Its good fun but I insist on playing with at least 1 friend, Solo would be stuff boring and harder. Multiple Star ships and units on the ground is much fun.

You start with a ship of your class (Its just looks) Like Tactical, Science and Engineering. From there you start in the Earth Space Station, run around do stuff etc then you get mission go back out into space on your ship then you fly to the Universe Map or whatever you call it, then you fly to systems then do missions etc there, some missions make you kill all enemy's in a planets orbit then beam down to a station/ship then do the ground fights/objectives then bail out and fly back to the sector space.

Space Combat is 3D but fought in 2D, as in your shields are only 2D (Directional) but you can't fly outside down etc you can only go 80 degrees up/down. Its still 3D because of the distance between ships X Y Z. You ship has slots where you can play Phasers/Torcreepes/Mines etc on the front or back or where every you ship is capable of placing them. The Universe/Sector Space Maps make zero sense, you go in 1 side then end up half way across the universe, its utter non-sense.

Ground Combat is pretty basic, the best part about this game is its space battles. TO understand ground combat think WoW but with 5 total ability's and just a stuff ton of Talents that boost attacks.

Its good fun but I insist on playing with at least 1 friend, Solo would be stuff boring and harder. Multiple Star ships and units on the ground is much fun.
Sounds a lot like WoW combined with Star Trek: Bridge Commander. As I kind of figured it'd be like. lol Still looking forward to playing this.

This game looks insane, i cant wait!!