1-5 hours a week
0 (0%)
1-5 hours a day
5 (11.4%)
5+ Hours a day
8 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: STO  (Read 28832 times)

Ooh, this is going to be great. I have always loved the shows, and all of the movies have been spectacular. I will definitely be trying this one. I hope that the ship to ship combat will be more complex than point and click, though.

I'm in the closed beta, haven't played yet because of the massive download and I have a download limit :(

Ooh, this is going to be great. I have always loved the shows, and all of the movies have been spectacular. I will definitely be trying this one. I hope that the ship to ship combat will be more complex than point and click, though.
From the videos and interviews, it looks as if it will be geared a lot like other MMO genres, like WoW where you can hotkey attacks and special buffs and such. I'm sure it is much more involved than just a simple point and click.
I'm in the closed beta, haven't played yet because of the massive download and I have a download limit :(
I suppose I should post the basic spec expectations for the game.
 The minimum system requirements are:

* OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
    * CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
    * Memory: 1GB RAM
    * Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
    * Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
    * DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
    * HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
    * Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
    * Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

The recommended system specifications are:

* CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+
    * Memory: 2GB RAM+
    * Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+

When this comes out blockland will update less and less :3

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN BADSPOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Why did you quote me for no reason :o
You mentioned the download size, so I felt it appropriate to list just what kind of download people may be expecting, as is states you need about 8GB of hard disk space. That and I should have posted the specs a lot earlier.

low requirements :o
where can i find some sweets screenshot and video gameplay footage.

Please tell me an Intel Pentium Dual CPU will work, also, how do I find my video card's name type out?

low requirements :o
where can i find some sweets screenshot and video gameplay footage.
The main page site is right here for all your video and screenshot happiness. It's where I get most of my info, as well as Mot the Barber on my Facebook page.
http://www.startrekonline.com/frontpage
Please tell me an Intel Pentium Dual CPU will work, also, how do I find my video card's name type out?
Most dual cores will work if they can run at a speed of no less than 1.8 GHz. I have a single core that works at 2.4 GHz at present, so I'm sure it will be enough for the game's needs. Also, I'm pretty sure I told you what you needed to do to figure that information out on the previous page. Just look for it. It's not going anywhere. :)

it looks like the graphics will be pretty simple, most computers should be able to handle it fine.

it looks like on foot, its like a 3rd person over the shoulder control, i like that in mmos.

and in space it was kinda vague from videos. but it appears that it may be fully 3d space environments to move through.
i would instantly not like this game if it was just 3d models moving around in overhead 2d area.

mmo's have come to far to be arcade styling anything

yah nearly any processors with cores will work. a dual core 1.2 will be extremely faster then a single 4.2.
its misleading how to compare the types, its not really about numbers alone.

it looks like on foot, its like a 3rd person over the shoulder control, i like that in mmos.

Doesn't look like that to me. :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd7EfxVbO5o

* CPU...
    * Memory: 2GB RAM+
    * Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+

Oh hey I can run this...
    * CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
E7300 :(

it looks like the graphics will be pretty simple, most computers should be able to handle it fine.

and in space it was kinda vague from videos. but it appears that it may be fully 3d space environments to move through.
i would instantly not like this game if it was just 3d models moving around in overhead 2d area.

mmo's have come to far to be arcade styling anything
I'm pretty sure it will have a 3-D depth scale in the fights, although I'm sure it will be a lot more focused on area than depth since the whole point of the fights are to blow each other up. Star Trek Legacy for 360 has a lot of depth in ship to ship combat and I'm sure that will carry over enough in STO. I also know that as soon as you destroy a ship, the shrapnel can cause damage to your ship, so that's another factor to consider when engaging in space battles. No "Thrusters at maximum, ramming speed!" type moves.

:( i had just seen clips of traveling around with a gun in hand. looked way different.
i assume you would scroll/zoom in and move around with wsad.

i don't even like games that would allow you to zoom out so far it looks like some sort of RTS clusterforget of clicking targets.
world of warcraft is not popular because its groundbreaking in any gaming aspect. but to many mmos will copy the stuffty stuff.

im getting very use to 1st and (depends on type of 3rd person) 3rd person MMO's
they have all around great quality in gameplay.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:58:22 PM by Bisjac »