Author Topic: AA gun with exposive ammo  (Read 2451 times)

Coincidently, it's already doing just that.  I'm not sure yet how we'll be handling the projectile / explosion / damage stuff.  However, it does alternate between barrels when firing and the delay is currently set to 500ms.

It's pretty cool to see in action, and I can't wait for when we get it finished.
Nice.

Coincidently, it's already doing just that.  I'm not sure yet how we'll be handling the projectile / explosion / damage stuff.  However, it does alternate between barrels when firing and the delay is currently set to 500ms.

It's pretty cool to see in action, and I can't wait for when we get it finished.

Haha, great minds think alike I guess that's pretty much what you'd expect from a turret like this. Sounds like an amazing add-on, like you said, can't wait 'til it's finished.

As a suggestion for the projectile/explosion/damage stuff, I think the projectile should look somewhat like a scaled-down tank shell, sort of like a high-calibur artillery gun. For the explosion, personally I don't think it should be too big, seeing as you're firing two shots/sec, might get spammy if it's too large. Last but not least, for damage, I assume it's possible to script it so that if the projectile hits the player directly, it causes a significantly larger amount of damage than it would if the player was just caught in the AoE. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is possible, no?

As a suggestion for the projectile/explosion/damage stuff, I think the projectile should look somewhat like a scaled-down tank shell, sort of like a high-calibur artillery gun. For the explosion, personally I don't think it should be too big, seeing as you're firing two shots/sec, might get spammy if it's too large. Last but not least, for damage, I assume it's possible to script it so that if the projectile hits the player directly, it causes a significantly larger amount of damage than it would if the player was just caught in the AoE. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is possible, no?

Well, I'm going to be doing things a bit differently than most of you might expect.  Rather than discuss it, I'll wait until it's all working nicely in-game and then we can post a video of it in action.

Well, I'm going to be doing things a bit differently than most of you might expect.  Rather than discuss it, I'll wait until it's all working nicely in-game and then we can post a video of it in action.

Make sure it works as fine as the model looks like. ;)