Author Topic: How does magic wand in paint.net work?  (Read 2131 times)

it selects the area. what next?...uh, move it? delete it? color it?

then how do you make it transparent? :s

i think its somewhere on the top toolbar thing, maybe in the color section, but idk, dont have paint.net

Select the area you want to make transparent, and push 'delete' on the keyboard.

The magic wand too selects areas of like colour that are connected. To make an area transparent, select the area you want to make trans using this/lasso tool/box tool or whatever and press delete. If an area is transparent it will show a halftone pattern of white and grey boxes.

Sometimes magic wand doesn't select what you want. You could adjust that by moving the tolerance bar. The less tolerant it is, the more it is aimed toward the exact colour. The less tolerant, it is, it selects more similarities of the colour.

I've translated the instructions that others have given you so that you can understand them:

clik an push da kill button
->
dat shows the grey
->
slide bar left n right till work

I've translated the instructions that others have given you so that you can understand them:
->->
Your being an ass, I tried what they said and it isn't working.
EDIT:
The magic wand too selects areas of like colour that are connected. To make an area transparent, select the area you want to make trans using this/lasso tool/box tool or whatever and press delete. If an area is transparent it will show a halftone pattern of white and grey boxes.
Ok, I did this and that pretty much worked, but then it just turns black, not transparent!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:38:21 PM by Moriarty »

Your being an ass, I tried what they said and it isn't working.
EDIT:Ok, I did this and that pretty much worked, but then it just turns black, not transparent!
It has to be 75x or lower or else the forums resizes it, causing the icky black stuff.  This is assuming you are talking about your avatar.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:46:57 PM by Drak »

It has to be 75x or lower or else the forums resizes it, causing the icky black stuff.
Oh, thank you thank you thank you!
Yes, my avatar.